Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLYi's business plan is falling apart (unfortunately)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great little airline

I flew IFly from TYS to IAD. The flight was flawless and the service was better then I have seen in quite a while. The safety announcements were very funny. Quite a welcome change in airline service. I hope they make it.

CaptBud330 said:
I flew IFly from TYS to IAD. The flight was flawless and the service was better then I have seen in quite a while. The safety announcements were very funny. Quite a welcome change in airline service. I hope they make it.
Service is great, but at the end of the day, a CRJ is a CRJ and most passengers would prefer something bigger... They better bring on the Airbuses as fast as they can to bring their average CASM down quick - plus, they better hope for a mild winter that won't interrupt their high-frequency operation too much...

CaptBud330 said:
Capt.....I am sure we appreciate the complement. There seems to be a vicious group out there that just loves to predict the demise of airlines. I personally have felt pain every time an airline has disappeared. My father was Pan Am, I have many US Air friends and UAL friends. I wish NO ONE had to go through the process. I never would have believed that DAL could be in jeopardy of BK!
I am looking at my second furlough at my second airline. I knew it could happen when I went into this business. There are many good people at Indy.
Indy made a mistake starting service with 87 CRJs....They where too nice and didn't do the furloughs that will be required to stay solvent and park half of the RJs. My furlough next year is a necessary evil. They will probably go deeper. Putting all our eggs in Dulles is another problem......Luckily the WX is always good there.....LOL

SloDoDriver said:
Capt.....I am sure we appreciate the complement. There seems to be a vicious group out there that just loves to predict the demise of airlines. I personally have felt pain every time an airline has disappeared. My father was Pan Am, I have many US Air friends and UAL friends. I wish NO ONE had to go through the process.
You mean vicious guys like this?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=42766

Just wanted to point out that's a beagle starring in GooglePisano's avatar and not a basset hound!!!!;)

bssthound said:
Just wanted to point out that's a beagle starring in GooglePisano's avatar and not a basset hound!!!!;)
LOL.

No, but the racoon told me he has an MBA. The dog has an ATP.

GogglesPisano said:
Now that was funny...

Last edited:
GogglesPisano said:
LOL.

ROTFLMAO! Thanks dude! You made me spit up my coffe all over the lap top! I needed a new computer anyway.

Has anyone heard anything about ACA actually selling several of the planes they put up for sale a month or two ago?

Thanks -

Last edited:
Four are now at Skywest, one is apparently already in operation there. FLYI put the original seats back into the aircraft.

iguanamanjr said:
Has anyone heard anything about ACA actually selling several of the planes they put up for sale a month or two ago?

Thanks -

Latest resources

Back