Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying with Doors Off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dave

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
10
Trying to learn which GA aircraft are good for air-to-air photography. Any experiences? I've seen a Baron 58 and a Bonanza with the cargo door removed. Was that legal? Any other platforms?

Thanks.
 
I've seen it done in a variety of PA32's. Remove the passenger door and follow the restrictions in the POH and it's legal.

The coolest I platform I've seen was a B-25 with the cameras set up in the tail gunner's position (guns and plexi removed)....probably not the most cost effective option.
 
I've seen a lot of 172s with it. I beleive it requires a waiver from the FSDO, but pretty painless to get.
 
Navajo.
 
Find yourself an old skydiving Cessna 182. The door flips up under the wing.
 

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom