Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying outside the US with an Experimental Cert?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
I know I can ask the guy that assigned the cert to us but I'd thought I'd ask here to.

We are currently operating with an experimental/ market survey registration "pink copy".

It says in our experimental manual that if we want to operate outside the US airspace ie Canada and the bahamas we must apply for a waiver to do so with the country we want to fly into.

Has anybody ever done this. Not being able to fly into canada kind of sucks and I want to apply for a waiver from Canada. The web wasn't much help.

Anybody know where to start (other than the FAA that issued this cert)

Thanks. Once again I know its odd but I thought someone might know this.

Don't know if market survey is any different, but exp/amateur built fly internationally just fine. If you want a nice write-up of going to Mexico, take a look here:

http://www.rvproject.com/2005_mexico_intro.html

and

http://www.rvproject.com/2004_mexico_trip_log.html

Canada seems to be even easier :)

This is stuff that relates to amateur built going into Canada:

Operating U.S. Amateur-Built Aircraft in Canada Similarly, Transport Canada authorizes U.S. Amateur-built aircraft to operate in Canada under the terms of its Standardised Validation of a Special Airworthiness Certificate-Experimental, for the purpose of operating a United States-Registered amateur-built aircraft in Canadian airspace (PDF).
For more information, visit http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/maintenance/aarpe/Recreational/menu.htm.

Not sure how helpful this is to your market survey bird.

Last edited:
Not sure of the paperwork, but I mentioned in the RV thread that I saw no less than 6 RV's parked in a row at Cozumel a while back. So it can be done, probably pretty easily.

But your pink (temporary)registration is only good in the US. Call the FAA registration folks in Oklahoma City, and get a telegraphic registration, its good outside of the States. A telegraphic is not a temporary, thus good. This is what we use on newly delivered airliners to operate in Canada and Mexico.

Diesel said:
I know I can ask the guy that assigned the cert to us but I'd thought I'd ask here to.

We are currently operating with an experimental/ market survey registration "pink copy".

It says in our experimental manual that if we want to operate outside the US airspace ie Canada and the bahamas we must apply for a waiver to do so with the country we want to fly into.

Can't comment on the "waiver" in which you ask, but I CAN comment on the "pink slip" registration. And that is you CAN NOT operate internationally on a pink slip. ONLY OKC transmittal OR permanent registration accepted for international travel.

End of story

Latest resources

Back