• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying in SE Asia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If u are gonna be based in Thailand, make sure u negotiate some good per-diem amount since there are 2 or 3 massage parlors on every block + bars and all kinds of entertainment. Money can go very quick on that place. Every time I go there, I come back broke.

Enjoy,

If u are gonna be based in Thailand, make sure u negotiate some good per-diem amount since there are 2 or 3 massage parlors on every block + bars and all kinds of entertainment. Money can go very quick on that place. Every time I go there, I come back broke.

Enjoy,

Where you based?

worst place mankind can ever think of (India), consider your self lucky, I'll trade with ya' if you so desire!!!

Yeah, the scams come at you left and right, but I just ignore it. Getting into a cab is a nightmare with some drivers. Gem scam, temple scam, payatta scam. I've been pitch slot of them. To some this place up. It's like your stuck in the late 1960s with wi-fi.

Flying is pretty easy here, culture shock is big though. I was lucky enough to find an expat bar. It's like an oasis!

Be super careful if you go to Ho Chi Minh City. Pick pockets will run right up to you pretending to be your long lost friend. Keep the important stuff in the hotel safe and don't let anyone get within 3 feet of you on the street.

HF can be a little frustrating---especially when cleared to or told to report a waypoint you're not familiar with and you both look at each other with a puzzled look trying to figure out what the controller just said. I finally started wearing ear plugs and going to max volume---that combined with noise canceling helped out immensely and hopefully prevented any more hearing damage than I already have.

If you enter a country as a crew member and exit commercial, be sure to carry a copy of the Gen Dec with you to save any immigration hassles. Also make sure you have plenty of empty pages in your passport---you'll burn throught them pretty fast if you do a lot flying.

I just spent 6 weeks out there hitting a bunch of different countries and had a ball. Hope you enjoy yourself....

The controllers here speak some sort of pig Latin. Headed down to Singapore for a few day. Hopefully their english is better.

Latest resources

Back