Flying For SW out of BWI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RAINMAN

Just wondering if anyone out there flies for SW out of BWI and where they recommend to live. I was thinking Southern PA, possibly York. Any Ideas?

Rainman,
A good friend of mine is BWI based and lives in Annapolis! It is an awesome place (no, I didn't go to Canoe U!) and about a 25 minute drive to BWI. Good luck!

A bunch of SWA guys live out west of BWi, in Carroll County, MD. It is about 30-40 minutes west, good schools, lots of cows, even a Home Depot (it's new). Seriously though, thereare a lot of SWA guys out here. Check out Eldersburg, Mt Airy, or westminster, which is a little farther out.

I've been with SWA since Jul and we just bought a house in Westminster. It's 45 mins to the employee lot. York is about 1+05-1+15. Better for the tax situation if you can get across to PA, but I prefer to be a little closer. Annapolis is awesome, but it'll cost you, and it can get pretty busy as would any city. As previously said there are folks west of BWI in Fredrick, east to Dover DE, south around Waldorf and North in York and Hanover. There are also a ton of commuters. Lots of advantages to being close by if you can swing it.
Good luck to all

hey TC

Bout time you moved a little closer.

By the way, she wasn't my sister.

Another TC ;)

Latest resources

Back