• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Flying For SW out of BWI

RAINMAN

Total Time
Just wondering if anyone out there flies for SW out of BWI and where they recommend to live. I was thinking Southern PA, possibly York. Any Ideas?

hornet drvr

Total Time
Rainman,
A good friend of mine is BWI based and lives in Annapolis! It is an awesome place (no, I didn't go to Canoe U!) and about a 25 minute drive to BWI. Good luck!

atldc9

Total Time
12000+
A bunch of SWA guys live out west of BWi, in Carroll County, MD. It is about 30-40 minutes west, good schools, lots of cows, even a Home Depot (it's new). Seriously though, thereare a lot of SWA guys out here. Check out Eldersburg, Mt Airy, or westminster, which is a little farther out.

vx9.tc

Total Time
I've been with SWA since Jul and we just bought a house in Westminster. It's 45 mins to the employee lot. York is about 1+05-1+15. Better for the tax situation if you can get across to PA, but I prefer to be a little closer. Annapolis is awesome, but it'll cost you, and it can get pretty busy as would any city. As previously said there are folks west of BWI in Fredrick, east to Dover DE, south around Waldorf and North in York and Hanover. There are also a ton of commuters. Lots of advantages to being close by if you can swing it.
Good luck to all

V1Cutt

Giant Member
Total Time
15000+
hey TC

Bout time you moved a little closer.

By the way, she wasn't my sister.

Another TC ;)