• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying for Celebrities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I spent about 10 months flying Sporthawk Charters ( B-727) Mostly the Cincinnatti Reds (cool guys and gentlemen), Hockey and Basketball teams. Hockey players were the worst and some were real A- Holes. Took the New Jersey Devils to the Stanley cup final the year they lost to Denver. Had some great FA's and we ate Extremely well ( lots of steak & Lobster) and got to alot of games (free).When they win its a good party on the way home but when they loose its like a morgue in the aircraft. Found the Ball players to be quite religious and some were not to happy about flying.Got into some real bad weather one night and had to land a couple hundred miles from the destination. While waiting for the severe weather to clear we lost all but 8 of the 40 on the team to rental cars. They were not going to fly again that night. All in all it was good fun and I quite enjoyed the life. If you want to build flying time, this is not the way to do it. I only flew about 10-20 hours a month.:cool:

nosewheel

What hockey teams/players were the good ones, and which were the bad ones. There's a thread on a Detroit Red Wings board about a flight attendant on the plane the Red Wings and Tigers share being physically, verbally, and sexually assaulted by members of the Tigers baseball team. She said in an interview that the Red Wings were saints compaired to the Tigers. One of the Tigers wouldn't sit in his seat during landing and was thrown into her causing a back injury to the FA. There's a lawsuit going on.

Never flown any movie/tv stars, but I've flown Ozzie Smith. He was really nice - and short. Also, I flew Attorney General John Ass- I mean Ashcroft around Missouri when he was campaigning for Mo. Gov. and losing to a dead guy. Couldn't have happened to a bigger arsehole.

Uh, oh. I better keep my phone line open for my upcoming call from the FBI.

Last edited:
Brett

Like I said the Red's were real fine people and treated us great. Had a few that loved to sit up front with us untill the weather got bad then they were Long Gone!!!!They didnt like the electrical stuff at all. Griffey Jr was a laugh!!!The Cubs and the Oriols were also OK.The FA's didn't like the Hockey players much as they usually got drunk and were kind of aggressive and abusive at times. The Toronto Maple Leafs especially were not well liked by the FA's.We had the Toronto Raptors on board a few times and they too were good folks. The Devils were real great the day we took them to the last game in Denver for the Cup but were not to happy going home after the game.You wouldnt believe the food that was left over for us that night.There was a big difference between Hockey players and Ball players. I wouldnt mind doing it again some day but I make alot more money haulin freight around the world right now so I doubt if I'll get the chance again.

As I am Flying out of VNY, I am always hauling celebs around. Personally, I could give a crap about them.....but they are the ones that are paying my bills. Something that Annoys me is most celebs treat their **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** dogs like they are kings and queens.

Did a twotter charter for 15 rapers in 95. Snoop, Puf, I don't know the rest. I think 1/2 are dead now from assorted non-natural ailments (OD, lead poisoning, ect). They were all on vacation in Central America (there are some things here in C.A. that are more readily available). They had a lot of fun and let everyone know that if you got in the way of their fun, there would be a good chance of getting hurt (they hired the local bad boys, cops for protection). If they accepted you though, you had more fun than the law allowed. They surprisingly had some respect for pilots, which was good, that meant being accepted.

We operate and maintain J.B.s plane when he vacations in our area. Nice guy, nice family.

i remember harrison ford talking about his obsession with piston singles. when asked why he didn't fly his gulfstream he said; it was flying a desk

In my corp job as a pilot, I don't see any celebs from Hoolywood. However, we are Gov't contract and we fly many former astronauts. They are truely the BEST people in the world!
In my former life as a SWA FA, I saw some celbs on our flights. One of the nicest was Rerun from "Whats Happening." Also saw Alex Lifeson from Rush, Ice T, Bret Micheals from Poison, and Chuck Yeager. All were very cool. Sat a Unaccompined Minor next to the Gen, he sat and collered in a collering book with her during the flight.

Met Dana Carvey at Midway a couple weeks ago. Talked to me for about 20 minutes. A very Nice guy.

Non rev'd next to Tony Orlando....Very nice too.

Chef Mario Batali from the Food Network was on our a/c last month. Super good guy. Got an autographed cookbook.
He knows how to cater a flight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brought his own!

i met one of the albatros pilot guys for jimmy buffett while at a comair interview. nice guy. described it as "you fly it a few hours to where jimmy's at and he flys it for a half hour or so and them you fly it back where it came from" so i guess its a cool job sometimes. but mostly i think youre not flying with him, just for him most of the time. either way i bet theres alot of margaritas in the job.

acarpe3448 said:
...George Carlin bithched a lot about the A/C...
I recently spoke someone who used to fly a charter Citation, and it turns out she flew George quite a bit. (He hates flying on commercial airliners.) Every time he flew, Carlin made sure everybody from the captain to the line guys got $100 and two tickets to that night's show.

Sounds like a cool guy to me...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back