Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLYI sends out furlough notices to everyone. Why bother?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
brownie said:
hey stan
if u r an ipa guy i have to disagree with your statement regarding, nothing can kill an airline faster than dumb management, because if that was true ours should of been killed long time ago with these morons in charge.

If UPS Flew Passengers they would have been gone sometime between EAL and Pan Am. You and I both Know UPS isn't profitable because of the way they run the airline.

Stan said:
While I feel sorry for all the soon to unemployed FLYI people, why is there not more outrage against their stupid management. The employees that I have seen still think it was a good idea to start FLYI and not just an ego driven crusade against UAL by Skeen. Incompetent management will kill an airline faster than anything else. FLYI was a stupid idea and it was executed poorly, not by the employees but by the dumbies in charge.

From a pilot's standpoint, it ain't like Eagle, Mesa, Great Lakes, or Colgan is a way to spend a career. Nobody's disputing that leaving UA was a good thing; the going it alone part was flawed. I still think they were trying to hold out long enough to get enough A319's on property, and had they been able to do that, they might have been able to succeed as a leaner airline. Their biggest flaw was not throwing in the towel sooner -- once they realized they forgot to check the weather and subsequently never filed an alternate.

Pilots and FAs can J/S (cabin only) on jetBlue through Feb 5th. Provide a pay stub from 2005 and your pilot license or FA cert. at the ticket counter.

JB will be bringing a job fair to IAD sometime soon. Stay tuned.
Good luck folks!

Hutcha said:
Pilots and FAs can J/S (cabin only) on jetBlue through Feb 5th. Provide a pay stub from 2005 and your pilot license or FA cert. at the ticket counter.

JB will be bringing a job fair to IAD sometime soon. Stay tuned.
Good luck folks!

While I don't agree with everything JB does, that above is a class act.
Kudos to you guys and gals for helping them out.

AA

Another airline genius who thinks management is so stupid. How many airlines have you started and succeeded at? What is your background you can be critical of others?

Publishers said:
Another airline genius who thinks management is so stupid. How many airlines have you started and succeeded at? What is your background you can be critical of others?
You should probably quote who you are talking about so we can lash out at you and call you names in proper FlightInfo.com form.

Mr Hat said:
Right after Chistmas, in the middle of Hannukah and right before New Year's celebration. That sucks....Sorry to hear that guys. You gave it one hell of a run though going from feeder to independant airline. I for one was hoping that the experiment would have worked. Good luck and hang in there, something better will come along.

Seems to be the "best" time for such notices. At least when ATA shut down Chicago Express they waited until mid Jan to let us know

Latest resources

Back