Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLYI sends out furlough notices to everyone. Why bother?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chuck Yogourt said:
I thought I read where you guys were going to be a feeder again. What happen? Good luck. Carried a lot of you guys between MCI and DCA. Always a class act.

But if FLY-I dude gets a job with da Tranny, den like you're gonna like deny jumpseatin to him, cause like dats what you said in like somma dem udder posts you made.

Dude, I did da jumpseat on FLY-I and I totally agree with Chuckie. All da peeps at FLY-I are freaking really cool and stuff and Im like REALLY feelin bad for da dudes there and Im like glad tha Tranny hired like a bookoo amaounts of you dudes and dem ATA dudes too. Good luck and like good kharma for like a mo better light at da end of dis tunnel.

I am so sorry about this! It makes me very sad. All the FlyI folks I have worked with have been great people.

Like your MEC said, there has been success at other carriers with FlyI pilots. Strike while the iron is hot, as other airlines / operators will try to accomodate furloughees.

Go immediately and apply for unemployment. In some states, there is a two-week waiting period. You may have to wait until the official furlough date, but call and find out if you can apply sooner. Have your furlough notice with you to prove you are out of work.

Good luck to everyone!

bestpilot said:
Dude, I did da jumpseat on FLY-I and I totally agree with Chuckie. All da peeps at FLY-I are freaking really cool and stuff and Im like REALLY feelin bad for da dudes there and Im like glad tha Tranny hired like a bookoo amaounts of you dudes and dem ATA dudes too. Good luck and like good kharma for like a mo better light at da end of dis tunnel.
Translated.....Sir, It has been a rare and exciting privlidge to occupy the jumpseat at the esteemed FLY-I and I find myself in complete concurrence with the statements made by fellow poster "Chuckie". The pilots and crewmembers are all consumate professionals who are supremely enjoyable to be associated with and made occupying the jumpseat a truly elegant experience. My heart felt condolences go out to those of you who are losing your jobs and I'm pleased and delighted that AirTran has hired many former ACA/INDY pilots in the past. You have my sincerest best wishes for success in the future.

Last edited:
Could someone please tell me what White Cloud just said? ;) TC

It Makes me sad to see this. I too got my start jetstreaming around the northeast in the hey day of ACA.

Good luck to all of you.

Latest resources

Back