Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLYI sends out furlough notices to everyone. Why bother?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I fly Indy Air quite a bit and the guys and gals that worked with the customers (gate agents, ramp workers, pilots and F/A's) were outstanding. I hope they can pull this out somehow. Good luck.

Heyas,

When I was PDT, we all were really impressed when ACA dug itself out its messy origin (split off from Westair, got the DHC-8s from Air Wille, furloughs in the early 90's) and went on to launch the J-41 and really put together a first rate outfit.

After the debacle with AAA, I never thought PDT would outlast ACA.

The sad irony was that Mesa bought, and later shutdown Westair, and that the same could happen at Indy. They'll join the ranks of CCAir and Crown.

Anyway, my thoughts are with you guys.

Nu

WhiteCloud said:
Translated.....Sir, It has been a rare and exciting privlidge to occupy the jumpseat at the esteemed FLY-I and I find myself in complete concurrence with the statements made by fellow poster "Chuckie". The pilots and crewmembers are all consumate professionals who are supremely enjoyable to be associated with and made occupying the jumpseat a truly elegant experience. My heart felt condolences go out to those of you who are losing your jobs and I'm pleased and delighted that AirTran has hired many former ACA/INDY pilots in the past. You have my sincerest best wishes for success in the future.

Awww Yeah! Dats what Im sayin, bro.

Im also sayin that if you gets a job with Air Tran (da Tranny), that Chuckie Yougourt dude says that he ain't lettin no "Air Trash" ever to be gettin a ride on his plane, and he's like a Midwest Capn. He be like usin his jumpseat as like a weapon, so if you live in like MKE, just know that dude is out there, and that's what he'll treat you like ifn you get hired by da Tranny.

All dem Fly-I dudes that are workin here are really cool peeps and Im like hopin we can brings more of you dudes in to da Tranny!

Goood luck and good kharma!:beer:

Many thanks for the jumpseat rides to IAD while you guys and gals served ORF. You guys had a very classy product and were the consumate professionals .You will be missed.......

PHXFLYR

It's hard to say at this moment. The letter clearly stated "IF". If we get money we move on, If we don't see ya on the 7th. Moore/Skeen should be hung for this.........
I enjoyed my time at INDY/ACA for the last 10 year's, but I think the Fat Lady is going to keep singing for along time once she starts?????

Well...

I spent 2 1/2 years on the property when it was ACA- all of it in Jetstreams and most of that in the 32. I've flown many before and since, but there was nothing quite like ACA, especially when I was there. Very very sad to see that it might not survive. All the best to the folks that remain, many of whom are friends of mind.

I say FLYI shuts down Jan 05 as a surprise to limit the rape and pillage of company property. Everyone wants a momento.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
I say FLYI shuts down Jan 05 as a surprise to limit the rape and pillage of company property. Everyone wants a momento.

I have an unused ID90. Maybe I could sell it on eBay after the shutdown.

GP

Latest resources

Back