• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

FlyI - Independence Update

CRJ_Driver

The Man
Total Time
2000+
Anybody hear anything as to the recall numbers? According to the 7/1/05 ALPA line, the company hasn't yet commited to a number (which is acceptable according the CBA).

Also, for the FlyI guys, what is your personal opinion of the current attrition rate and the ratio of furloughees who want to return.

Me, I'm unsure of current attrition (as I'm furloughed)

and I would say according to my peeps, that probably 1/5 would go back and 4/5 would bypass recall.

What do you think?

pony251

I make brown look good
Total Time
plenty
Bypass

I work for UPS now. Someone else can have my spot. Best of luck guys.

GogglesPisano

Pawn, in game of life
Total Time
enough
Word in the crew lounge is that we are losing about 1 pilot/day to attrition. The 8 CRJ's may be taken back by GECAS this fall since we have failed to meet the financial thresholds mandated by the Feb restructuring. According to a CP the Company actually wants this because we will have less need for RJ's after the summer peak. He claims that attrition should mitigate the need for additional furloughs caused by the loss of these 8 CRJ's.

I think most guys are bypassing -- unless they have no other job prospects and relish the thought of slinging gear in a CRJ for an airline with a very uncertain future (or a certain future -- according to the analysts.)