FLYi Cancels flights Aug 20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skykid said:
Holy smokes - I was a little bored so I listened to that. This message is a case study in how not to be a leader. What a bunch of whiny drivel. This guy's tone and attitude give off the exact opposite message he wanted to deliver.

"A small number of pilots, particularly within our pilot ranks, plan to take some time off."

"I want to say thank you to those who don't want to be here but I also want to say thank you to those who do want to be here."

He must be a Yogi Berra fan.

zkmayo said:
866-465-9309

Not exactly a case study in motivational speaking is it?
On the other hand, I can't recall the last time I heard a chief pilot go that far out on a limb for the guys on the line. I bet he has a meeting scheduled first thing Monday morning.

Last edited:
Skeen/Moore were idiots when I worked there in '96 - that hasn't changed. I just listened to that message. It will take more than a pep talk and it is easy for Moore to say these things. I'm sure his financial situation will be fine if they don't make it. How about all the guys that have been furloughed? I feel for you guys that have put years into this operation that now teeters on the brink.

Last edited:
TM is the real idiot there. Everytime he would come into the crewroom I would love to listen to his so called motivational speech. He also had this grin that said don't trust me and believe the opposite. CEOs and pilots lose their jobs everyday, but the differences is that CEO's and Pres will get a job running another airline while the pilot has to start back at $20 HR. For TM to put this on the phone line makes me want to pi$$ on his car more than I already did.

If you teach business management at any level you need to record that to use as an example of how NOT to motivate anyone in your company! What a clown!

Tom Moore is such a jacka$$ !!!!!! He destroyed an excellent company and expects the employees to be happy and enthusiastic. Give me a break!!! Good luck to all you guys, you deserve it!! For all those going to the job, good luck (and I hope you gave your formal notice so you don't get even more f-ed!!! HAHAHAHA)!!!

I just listened to his message. Unreal. That guy and Skeen should be sued by shareholders for corporate malfeasance. It is they, that embarked on a reckless business plan that was almost certain to fail. They wanted to be Major Airline 'Playa's" and they got their wish but as the old saying goes, be carefull what you wish for. Their legacy will be as the authors of the quickest dismantling of a highly profitable regional in airline memory. All to satisfy their giant ego's. The only thing "Independence' really stood for was 'independence from profits'. I know that they publicly stated that they could not profitably operate on what United was going to pay them in the new contract (although, I have my doubts). Whatever it was, it surely would not have caused the exponential cash drain that their current strategy has.

I wish good fortune on those employees that were/are caught up in this case of corporate mismangement.

If you teach business management at any level you need to record that to use as an example of how NOT to motivate anyone in your company! What a clown!

I have to agree. I almost think that recording is a hoax it is so bad. I picture a 23 year old, fresh out of college, 120 pound wussy recording that message.

skykid said:
I have to agree. I almost think that recording is a hoax it is so bad. I picture a 23 year old, fresh out of college, 120 pound wussy recording that message.

No it's the real TM, I had to listen to the same drivel from him for nearly three years. I believe the Chief Pilot in question would be EB. I worked for him in CVG for 2 1/2 years. One of the greatest leaders that I have ever worked for, he deserved to be at a much better place. I really feel for EB.
Good luck INDY!

Latest resources

Back