• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flydubai ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info download. I will look at Pprune, but in the meantime, I have a few questions:

1. Are they only hiring people with 737 experience/type?

2. What is the expected starting salary for PIC and SIC (ranges)?

3. Will it be similar operation to the Euro LCCs with out-and-backs and no layovers (all nights in your own bed)?

4. Do they provide housing benefits like EK?

5. What is the estimated start date for the airline (I know the Boeing strike has changed the date)? Any recent estimates?

6. Lastly, are they ever offering a path to EK (eventually down the line)?

Thanks for any details!

Q's:

1. Yes, they currently have 5,300 applications on file.

2. On their website.

3. Yes

4. No

5. Moving target. Sometime in the New year

6. No.

Re. the above I have spoken to two people involved in hiring and they are pleasantly surprised at the number of apps. Also a flow through to EK is definitely not on the cards.

To those applying - although the numbers prima facie look good - do your research on the costs you will incur for such things as housing (huge expense) and cost of education.

fv

Thanks for the info download. I will look at Pprune, but in the meantime, I have a few questions:

1. Are they only hiring people with 737 experience/type?

2. What is the expected starting salary for PIC and SIC (ranges)?

3. Will it be similar operation to the Euro LCCs with out-and-backs and no layovers (all nights in your own bed)?

4. Do they provide housing benefits like EK?

5. What is the estimated start date for the airline (I know the Boeing strike has changed the date)? Any recent estimates?

6. Lastly, are they ever offering a path to EK (eventually down the line)?

Thanks for any details!

Its my understanding that they are still only looking for DEC with 737 experience now. They are soliciting FO resumes. So by all means send them one if you are interested.

2. 25,000 per month basic for Capt, 22,000 DHS for FO/ 4,000 per month for travel expenses Capt 3,000 for FO, 16,000 per month for Housing Capt and I think 14,000 for FO. Then with flight hour pay with 80 hours(granted with a new start up you won't see this right off the bat) its about another 12,000 DHS. To get a USD figure divide by 3.66 FV was right if you go to www.flydubai.com it has everything spelled out for you under the people heading.

3. YEs out and back with very few overnights. When I talked to Ken Giles, I get the impression he wants to run it simular to SWA in that he plans to fly you on your days on an averge of 7 hours a day, so once the airline is established it should equate to alot of days off.

4. Housing package sucks for a family, great if you are single. Go to www.flydubizzle.com for housing prices. They will give you a 6month advance but many places require 12 months in advance. Och! For a 3-4 bd villa you will need 350-400k a year, thats a tough downpayment and twice what they will give you , USD thats 95,000-109,000.

5. We were told that the First Airplane was to be delivered on April 29th 2009, but add two months more for the Boeing Strike plus two weeks to spool up the factory, that should be Mid July if my calculations are correct.

6.. No, they are saying its a total different and seperate company, even thou the money comes from the same source.

Good luck

Thanks for all of the good info Sunking - very helpful. I don't think I can afford to move over there with my family on the amount offered (plus, I don't have 737 time so I probably won't qualify in the early rounds anyway).

I can see the advantage of flying fewer days per month as a FlyDubai pilot than an EK pilot flying ultra-long haul all the time, but I personally wouldn't go that distance unless it were an experience that I could not find in the US. Flying for EK would be an interesting experience that might actually be worth that type of change IMO. But that's just me.

Good luck with your application to FlyDubai. I'll be interested to follow along - perhaps if they improve their offer I would consider it some day (but I won't count on that).

Latest resources

Back