• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captzaahlie

My kind of FOD!
Hi FI Gang,

Anybody having any luck getting noticed at Flydubai?
From what I'm seeing they are one of my first picks if they'll have me......
Thanks, Z.

they are accepting resumes for captians and training captians. they will be taking apps for FO after the new year.

I've been interviewed by flydubai about a month ago. I just heard a day ago to standby because everything is on hold until after the Boeing Strike. If you would like more info go to www.pprune.com under mideast airline forum.

I've been interviewed by flydubai about a month ago. I just heard a day ago to standby because everything is on hold until after the Boeing Strike. If you would like more info go to www.pprune.com under mideast airline forum.

Hey Sunking,
Good morning and thanks for the information!
Z.

Out of curiosity- How was the interview process?

Out of curiosity- How was the interview process?

I went down there during thier holiday Eid, so the whole city was just a bit off. But all in all, a great experience. They flew me there and back in Business Class on Emirates, that in itself was worth it. They make a 15 hour trip seem like nothing but a short hop. I was put up in, what I would call, a 5 star hotel. Day one was sim eval, done in a 737NG at Emirates training facility, basically did a normal takeoff and as soon as we got airborne we got a vector to intercept an airway that required a little FMS work, Then a inflight emergency (bomb scare,Cargo fire) that required a turn back to an ILS at Dxb, and I believe a missed to another approach. Then the rest of the day we did computer work, flying exercises, math, etc. They provided lunch vouchers at thier cafe. They also provided breakfast at the Hotel. Day two was meeting with the phychologist, which incompassed a couple of test, one on the computer, the other was a 187 multiple choice test , none of which you could study for. Then a panel interview with the sim evaluator and HR rep. Cheryl Cage interview style , so get those stories prepared. Then we met with Ken Giles and had the opportunity to ask him any questions. Off to the medical where nothing was probed but your arm for blood to check for disease that is required for Dubai Gov.

Im a little rusty with the details, but go to pprune and check out my debrief I made when it was all fresh. Its under Master Thread of flydubai, it could be on the 2nd or 3rd page because its been very quiet over there for the past month. You will find that thread under Middle East forum.

Last edited:
I went down there during thier holiday Eid, so the whole city was just a bit off. But all in all, a great experience. They flew me there and back in Business Class on Emirates, that in itself was worth it. They make a 15 hour trip seem like nothing but a short hop. I was put up in, what I would call, a 5 star hotel. Day one was sim eval, done in a 737NG at Emirates training facility, basically did a normal takeoff and as soon as we got airborne we got a vector to intercept an airway that required a little FMS work, Then a inflight emergency (bomb scare,Cargo fire) that required a turn back to an ILS at Dxb, and I believe a missed to another approach. Then the rest of the day we did computer work, flying exercises, math, etc. They provided lunch vouchers at thier cafe. They also provided breakfast at the Hotel. Day two was meeting with the phychologist, which incompassed a couple of test, one on the computer, the other was a 187 multiple choice test , none of which you could study for. Then a panel interview with the sim evaluator and HR rep. Cheryl Cage interview style , so get those stories prepared. Then we met with Ken Giles and had the opportunity to ask him any questions. Off to the medical where nothing was probed but your arm for blood to check for disease that is required for Dubai Gov.

Im a little rusty with the details, but go to pprune and check out my debrief I made when it was all fresh. Its under Master Thread of flydubai, it could be on the 2nd or 3rd page because its been very quiet over there for the past month. You will find that thread under Middle East forum.

Thanks for the info download. I will look at Pprune, but in the meantime, I have a few questions:

1. Are they only hiring people with 737 experience/type?

2. What is the expected starting salary for PIC and SIC (ranges)?

3. Will it be similar operation to the Euro LCCs with out-and-backs and no layovers (all nights in your own bed)?

4. Do they provide housing benefits like EK?

5. What is the estimated start date for the airline (I know the Boeing strike has changed the date)? Any recent estimates?

6. Lastly, are they ever offering a path to EK (eventually down the line)?

Thanks for any details!

Latest resources

Back