• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fly in military without 20/20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wellll... That's just FINE. JUST FRICKIN GREAT.... Yeah. All I ever wanted to do was fly for the military when I was a kid and whaddda they want? Twenty-frickin'-twenty.

So, now, twenty-frickin'-five years later, they go and take anyone without a white cane. That's just great... :rolleyes: ;) TC

For crying out loud TC, the only thing that keeps you flying these days is those huge Planeview Avionics displays. I'll bet you use the EVS on a clear day just to be able to see. Sucks get'n old don't it ???

:eek: :D

Don't just go out and get PRK without doing your homework first. Even if PRK can correct you to 20/20, the AF has some fairly strict standards about pre-op vision standards. They allow for some pretty poor vision, but you'll want to make sure you're within the standards before you fork over any money for PRK. There are also some standards about the operation itself and post-op treatment that must be met. If your thinking about this, I recommend checking out the medical forum at baseops.net. There's a lot of good info there (just do a search, there are a bunch of previous threads about it).

For what it's worth, I'm 20/35 in one eye and 20/80 in the other, and I'm headed to UPT without any kind of surgery.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back