• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fly Dubai?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Class dates are coming in. I was offered May 31st for those waiting, check your email.

Congrats to you Fly2, I'm glad you don't have to wait to long! In fact thats about the perfect amount of time to get the ducks in a row for the transition. Hope that all goes smoothly. No new news other than that last correspondence that I had.... holding my breath!

Class dates are coming in. I was offered May 31st for those waiting, check your email.

Hi Fly2ak,

Hope all is well with you and the family, are things still ojn sched for you?

Take care,
Z.

Hey Z,

Everything is still on track. I have been busy trying to get things in order here and trying to enjoy the nice weather at the lake before I head out. How's it going with you? Any luck yet?

Fly

I'm sure Fly2Ak will give us an update once he gets settled into ground school over there. Good luck with things Fly2!

I will get the most updated info I can dig up when I arrive. I start my trek to Dubai tomorrow. I can tell you the F/O pay totals to 43,000 Dirhams and the capt is at 57,000 which works out to $11,708 for F/O and about $15,500 for capt. Housing allowance is part of that pay and as far as I know they are still hiring but I don't know how many or time frame. Best of luck. Good to hear from you Z.

Here is a copy of the news article from their first flight.

[/IMG]Flydubai takes to the skies
Dubai: Mon, 1 Jun 2009
spacer.gif
flydubai.gif

Flydubai, Dubai’s first low-cost airline, took to the skies on its inaugural commercial flight today.
The flight, which took off from Dubai International Airport’s Terminal 2 at 10.30hrs bound for Rafic Hariri International Airport, Beirut, signifies an opening of the skies for low cost travel to and from the emirate.
Flydubai chairman, Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, was present to bid farewell to flight number FZ-157, which carried 189 passengers, including special guests, Eng Sultan Saeed AlMansoori, UAE Minister of Economy, Jamal Al Hai, SVP Strategy and Development, DCA and member of the Federal National Council of the UAE, and flydubai’s CEO, Ghaith Al Ghaith.
Sheikh Ahmed said: “This is an historic moment. Today, we have not only witnessed flydubai’s first commercial flight but we have also seen a new chapter in the history of aviation in the UAE.

“This region is highly dependant on air transport. It is a great credit to the vision and leadership of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, that this airline has now taken to the skies, thereby ensuring residents and visitors alike will be able to travel to more places more often.”

At 13:05 hrs Beirut local time, three hours and thirty-five minutes after take off, the flight arrived and was welcomed by a VIP delegation including: Rahman Hussain Al-Za’abi, UAE Ambassador to Lebanon, Elie Marouni, Lebanon’s Minister of Tourism and Ghazi Aridi, Lebanon’s Minister of Transport and Public Works.

Addressing a press conference in Beirut on arrival, Eng Sultan Saeed AlMansouri said: “flydubai marks the beginning of a new era for the UAE. Now, more people than ever will be able to experience the wonders of our country, ensuring we will be visited by a greater number and wider range of people.”

Ghaith Al Ghaith said: “A lot of hard work has gone into ensuring our first flight was ready for take off when we promised it would be. From our historic order of fifty 737-800 aircraft from Boeing at the Farnborough Airshow last July, through choosing cabin crew uniforms, hiring staff, selecting seat design and catering, there has been a tremendous amount of work to do. Seeing it all come together so successfully today and seeing our passengers enjoying their experience with flydubai, makes this a very proud moment.”

The new route to Beirut, with a one-way fare costing from just Dh250, means that tourists, business people and the nearly 200,000 Lebanese in the UAE will be able to make the direct trip, taking advantage of flydubai’s promise to make their journey “a little less complex, a little less stressful and a little less expensive.”

Flydubai has announced a total of four destinations and will begin daily flights to Amman on June 2, Damascus on June 8 and Alexandria on June 9. More destinations will be announced in the near future, he said.

The flydubai model is simple, with customers paying for the services they want. The ticket price includes all taxes and a hand baggage allowance of 10kg. From there, customers are able to select other services at an additional charge.

Flydubai operates from an enhanced and modernised Terminal 2 on the north side of Dubai International Airport.

Customers wishing to book their flights with flydubai can do so via the internet at www.flydubai.com, through the call centre on +9714 3010800, or at their nearest branch of Emirates Post. - TradeArabia News Service
user_offline.gif

Last edited:
Have a safe trip Fly2AK

Latest resources

Back