• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fly Dubai?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are expected to start up in May. with 6 aircraft for this year and a total of 54 by 2015 I believe. I don't know what the intended delivery schedule is, but from everything else they told it sounds like a pretty good gig.

Hey Fly2AK,

Good luck on your application. Can you tell us what % (roughly) of interviewees are North American vs. European, Middle Eastern, Indian, etc.? I presume it will follow the EK model which is pretty global. Just curious whether they are interviewing a lot of other Americans or any specific group more than others. I know there are a lot of Europeans out on furlough who have 737NG experience too.

Sounds like an interesting gig with decent QOL if you are home every night.

Hi Johnsonrod...Thanks, the trips will be all out and backs so yes your home every night. The mix up while I was there was mostly american. My group was 3 out of 4 were american and the next day interviewees had 3 out of 4 were american as well. I didn't come across anyone that was local to the region. There was acouple British and Canadians. I was there for 4 days. Good luck.

Can you provide some more details about the medical?
Is it like the asian carriers, height weight, EKG, EEG, or is it more like the medicals we have here at home.

The medical is like the asian carriers or like a military flight physical if your familiar with them. EKG, blood work, hearing booth, eye exam, chest x-ray, they pretty much cover everything.

Where's that double pepperoni pizza I ordered?

Yearly medical after that is more like the FAA

BTW how's your BMI?!

Body mass index?

Guess I'll never get hired there.....

I'm not obese but built more like the Pillsbury Dough

boy than the swimmer Micheal Phillips. :blush:

My bm's are regular...............

I got that going for me....

which is nice.

That's a good thing right?​

Last edited:
The medical is like the asian carriers or like a military flight physical if your familiar with them. EKG, blood work, hearing booth, eye exam, chest x-ray, they pretty much cover everything.

Do they squirt that gunk in your eyes which dialates the pupils so they can look inside?

Last time I had that done I literally walked into a glass door and smashed my nose up.

Latest resources

Back