• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fltplan.com in Caribbean?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Going into St. Thomas does not require any clearing of Customs, however, you must pre-clear in St. Thomas when departing or clear upon landing back in Florida. Customs told me that it is because of the 'duty-free' allowance on the Island and their need to keep up with it.

I head to the Islands alot but never use fltplan.com south of the Bahamas. Far as St Thomas you will always have to clear prior to any overland flight in the US because St Thomas does not have secure borders.

Get a universal or Global data account or both much easier.

The FBO in Grand Cayman will do the Cuban Overflight Permit for you if you call them and have them fax a form. In about 48 hrs you will get your permit number then just call Maimi FSS and file there giving them the permit number. The customs forms are straight fwd and the FBO will even send you them too.

As far as the Bahamas, it will work for Nassau if you are going back to the US, but that's about it. It will not work inter-island. If you're departing from somewhere other than Nassau, you're better off climbing VFR and then opening the Flt Plan with Miami. Sometimes it works with Freeport - if they're in a good mood. Sure am glad I don't deal with those Bahamans anymore...

Latest resources

Back