• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Fltplan.com in Caribbean?

StarHustler

Go Mountaineers!
Total Time
1 Mill
I just got back from St. Thomas, it did not work for that. However, I have used it for the Bahamas.

fu69atacafyeah

Total Time
by what means are you guys/gals using to obtain a cuban overflight permit? a 3rd party or contacting someone directly?

ditchpilot

Total Time
We did Grand cayman in 07 we used colt and were very pleased.
There is a first class local FBO which can do every thing for you on the Island you just have to take care of us customs on your return.
Unerversial, colt or any of the flight planning services will do it all for a price.

NCherches

Total Time
5000+
I just got back from St. Thomas, it did not work for that. However, I have used it for the Bahamas.

How was flying to St. Thomas? Since it is USVI are there any customs requirements if I depart from Florida?

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
I use skyplan for overflights of cuba

Godfather

Total Time
18000+
Base Ops in Houston is the way to go....if you have the $$$ for it. By far the best.

StarHustler

Go Mountaineers!
Total Time
1 Mill
How was flying to St. Thomas? Since it is USVI are there any customs requirements if I depart from Florida?

Going into St. Thomas does not require any clearing of Customs, however, you must pre-clear in St. Thomas when departing or clear upon landing back in Florida. Customs told me that it is because of the 'duty-free' allowance on the Island and their need to keep up with it.

Citjok

Total Time
10000+
by what means are you guys/gals using to obtain a cuban overflight permit? a 3rd party or contacting someone directly?

You can use the established companies that charge a lot of money or you can do it yourself: (lot cheaper)

iacc@avianet.cu (cuban civil aeronautics institute)

phone: 33 4949

bailey3083

I'm Not Hiding
Total Time
8000+
Going into St. Thomas does not require any clearing of Customs, however, you must pre-clear in St. Thomas when departing or clear upon landing back in Florida. Customs told me that it is because of the 'duty-free' allowance on the Island and their need to keep up with it.

I head to the Islands alot but never use fltplan.com south of the Bahamas. Far as St Thomas you will always have to clear prior to any overland flight in the US because St Thomas does not have secure borders.

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Get a universal or Global data account or both much easier.

RoyBoy

Total Time
45yrs
Just did Turks and Caicos Provodenciales Fltplan.com was flawless

Galaxy

Watching FLOPS die slowly
Total Time
8k+
The FBO in Grand Cayman will do the Cuban Overflight Permit for you if you call them and have them fax a form. In about 48 hrs you will get your permit number then just call Maimi FSS and file there giving them the permit number. The customs forms are straight fwd and the FBO will even send you them too.

wrxpilot

The proud, the few
Total Time
-
As far as the Bahamas, it will work for Nassau if you are going back to the US, but that's about it. It will not work inter-island. If you're departing from somewhere other than Nassau, you're better off climbing VFR and then opening the Flt Plan with Miami. Sometimes it works with Freeport - if they're in a good mood. Sure am glad I don't deal with those Bahamans anymore...