Florida sucks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flic1 said:
Heck no! Aren't many other places can you walk out your front door with the view in my avatar several times a week!

I'll take the slight chance of having a direct hit from a hurricane rather than the 100% chance of a sht winter up north. F that.....

I must agree that the Florida sky is spectacular almost everyday.

Florida does suck- went to a minor league ballgame tonight and it was rained out. Sunshine state my *ss.... If you want to flight train, move to Arizona... I cant wait to move back to the desert

mudkow60 said:
Is anyone else tired of living in Florida, and dealing with the same sheit every hurricane season?

Just had to vent.

It's funny...

Everytime I see a hurricane hit Florida, I wonder how I would feel if my airplane was in harms way.

Never give a house a second thought.

SLIGHT CHANCE... slight chance???

In Pensacola, we have been in the sights of the last there major hurricanes.

I love the area, but when you live in fear of loosing all your possessions, you livelyhood, and your financial future...

once again... Floirda (ok Pensacola) sucks ass...

miss kitty, you rock, the rest suck.

yes, typhoon, strongest winds in the world, Typhoon Paka! Guam...236 mph.

Mt. washington, something like 212...weeeeeak.

typhoons bring big swells, means big waves on gnarly reefs!

oh yea, Florida is great, good cuban sandwich, ok waves, plenty of humidity,
no smoking anywhere, hot chicks(all nationalities), killer sunsets, direct flights to CR, lots of good ritas ON THE BEACH!

I challange you all to live here for a year, buy property, and watch it come within 20 miles of total personal and financial distruction.

florida has its good and its bad, mostly bad (i'm an ohio boy). but it might be nice having a few winters w/out snow :)

anyone want to take bets as to when daytona gets slammed w/ a hurricane? we've missed ALL of them (windy but clear today) so far. are we just biding our time til one hits or are east-coast-of-florida hurricanes rare?

2 yrs is enough for me...

Guam360 said:
miss kitty, you rock, the rest suck.

yes, typhoon, strongest winds in the world, Typhoon Paka! Guam...236 mph.

Mt. washington, something like 212...weeeeeak.

typhoons bring big swells, means big waves on gnarly reefs!

oh yea, Florida is great, good cuban sandwich, ok waves, plenty of humidity,
no smoking anywhere, hot chicks(all nationalities), killer sunsets, direct flights to CR, lots of good ritas ON THE BEACH!

Wow, well as great as the Guam typhoon sounds at 236 mph I think I'll pass. I work with a guy that was an military brat at the base for that. From what I've heard about that one, anyone who was not terrified at the time is full of it. Being stuck through direct hits by Frances and Jeanne were enough for me. The worst part was nailing sheets of plywood on rickety ladders in 95 F humidity. Or maybe it was the 2 weeks afterwards with no power while cutting fallen trees in intense humid heat. No thanks. I'm heading back west to CO as soon as I can. FL is nice from Feb-May. The rest of the time is miserable unless you're from the northeastern states. They seem to like this place for some reason. If you're big into fishing it's probably paradise though. The women in SoCal are hotter and cooler too. Sorry for the vent :D It's hurricane season, I'm irritated, and I have to work tomorrow!

cforst513 said:
florida has its good and its bad, mostly bad (i'm an ohio boy). but it might be nice having a few winters w/out snow :)

anyone want to take bets as to when daytona gets slammed w/ a hurricane? we've missed ALL of them (windy but clear today) so far. are we just biding our time til one hits or are east-coast-of-florida hurricanes rare?

Well we've all got plenty of opportunity. Katrina is going to go beat the hell out of New Orleans or MS, but there's a couple of other waves on the way that will make the next couple of weeks interesting for all of us in FL.

Flic1 said:
Heck no! Not many other places can you walk out your front door with the view in my avatar several times a week!

I'll take the slight chance of having a direct hit from a hurricane rather than the 100% chance of a sht winter up north. F that.....

Then again, if I had a blue tarp on my roof for the past year like some still have I may think differently!

Amen, Flic1!

Besides the sunsets/sunrises, there is nothing like looking for dolphins each morning as I am getting into the car.

We can never know for certain about direct hits, must take our chances. I had a hurricane wipe out my house in the suburbs of Philadelphia, (H. FLoyd in 1999) yet -knock on wood- managed to skirt damage from hurricanes this year and last in Florida.

Latest resources

Back