Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Almerick07

Professional Surf Bum
I really need a flying job/internship in the Tampa/Orlando area this summer, I have been striking out in all my efforts so any help would be appreciated. I'm a low time CFI (150 dual given) and would take a non or very little flying internship to earn some college credit so I can get out of college by December as well.

If you're looking to build hours FAST and work VERY hard (you will be whored), try Orlando Flight Training, Kissimmee (ISM). They WILL hire you. They hire ANYONE with a pulse as it's a revolving door there. That said, you'll be getting between 100-120 hours a month there CFI'ing. The pay is poor ($10 per hour) - but if you turn up to their door, you won't leave empty handed.

I'll second BritishGuy's comments about Orlando Flight Training (OFT) http://flyoft.com/ is the website, I instructed there for a while and flew easily 90hrs a month. Good way to get some time in the logbook fast, the management is kinda so-so, the other instructors were a fun group and the students are dedicated and want to fly 24/7.

Check out the airlines' websites flying there for internships. DAL always has a couple in ATL, if you can do it.

As far as pilot factories, try Ormond Beach Aviation at OMN. You'll fly 90-120 hours a month. I made $14 bucks an hour there 8 years ago.

Tailwinds...

Stop by at American Flying Adventures, and tell Hans (the owner), I (Josef, the Swiss guy) sent you.

He will hire you. Pay around 18 bucks an hour, 20 multi. Might be more than that now.

Ohh, American Flying Adventures, 727 538 2088, St.Pete/Clearwater International Airport, PIE

Hate to say it, but JetBlue isn't posting intern positions for the summer. They are well into the interview process right now. They usually post in the Febuary early March time frame.

If I were in your shoes, I'd hit every flight school in the area with resumes. Someone is bound to bite, especially in Florida.

Go to aopa.com and go to the "Find a Flight School" search - http://www.aopa.org/learntofly/school/index.cfm . It will give you a very good list of places to look at.

Good Luck!

GreatChecko

Latest resources

Back