FLOPS/NETJETS:The REAL Rumor Possibilty vs Scare Tactics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tailhook said:
and NJA...in the remote chance you are "purchased" if you think your "contract" follows you, you are sorely mistaken. When the TA becomes an actual contract, then everyone can talk and speculate. Give it a rest.

:::::ducking and waiting for post to accuse you of being me since you have one post to your credit:::::
As long as you remember that realistic people have no place in this industry, you will get along fine here....

Press Conference Schedule NBAA

Looks like FLOPS has a press conference scheduled today between 2p and 3p. Guess whoever had the big idea that NJ was making a big announcement of buying Flops was instilling fear after all.

It will likely be a non-event just like NetJet's big "announcement" there about the deal with Collins.

Much ado about nothing...just like it ALWAYS has been.... Can we STOP with the "NJ going to buy Flops" already...it has been spreading since the beginning of time, and always presented as "first hand info" or a "done deal."

GET OVER IT ALREADY! If Flops is so "scary," IBT you will have no problem getting in...scare tactics are not necessary....But what ***IS*** taking so long...thought it was "in the bag?" :nuts:

http://web.nbaa.org/public/cs/amc/2005/media/pressconferences.php <--press conference schedule NBAA

gunfyter said:
Is that what this is about? I never believed NJ was going to buy FLOPS.

But if we do...there is no stapler.

:laugh: Gotta love Gunfyter... who will keep denying, even when its in print. Surely you could have had a more credible "last word" that that...;)

The Voice of BS......

Gotta be a freaking GEEK lawyer....... Working in some little cube being paid to be a pric* to any UNION member that will post anything about FLOPS...

Get those cards in kids and shut this GEEK's trap....

Go ahead Voice of Doom get the last word in, like they teach you to in anti-union school 101..

SafetyTheSeat said:
The Voice of BS......

Gotta be a freaking GEEK lawyer....... Working in some little cube being paid to be a pric* to any UNION member that will post anything about FLOPS...

Get those cards in kids and shut this GEEK's trap....

Go ahead Voice of Doom get the last word in, like they teach you to in anti-union school 101..

:laugh: Knew you couldn't resist....
Guess what? Just because someone can write without
the derogatory name calling indicative of a grade-school drop-out,
they are not considered a lawyer (or a geek)...simply a person of basic literacy. Of course I understand why you wouldn't recognize that
Classy post, though...you'll fit in well at the truck stop. ;)

How funny that FLOPS is said to be so awful on this board, yet YEARS later, STILL no IBT? I guess there's "bad" and there's Eeeeeeew.

Last edited:
Voice Of Reason said:
:laugh: Gotta love Gunfyter... who will keep denying, even when its in print. Surely you could have had a more credible "last word" that that...;)
Only place I have seen it (or anyone else) in print is from your imagination and keyboard to this message board.

If Hired: that is the key phrase

Gentlemen, the acquiring company is not required to hire a singel employee from the company acquired. Never assume that the pilot force of the acquired company with enjoy continued employment.

Voice of Reason???? That is some funny shi$. Have lost your mind, or are you posting drunk. Either way you are killing me.

The post that started this BS thread is missing several key elements of fact. NJA is profitable and FLOPS isn't, being fact one. NJA is owned by Berkshire-Hathaway, big, big company very profitable, maybe you have heard of them, being fact two. Raytheon has been dumping money into FLOPS for years now with no end in sight, being fact three. Raytheon has been shopped to NJA several times and every time they were told to take a hike, EVERY SINGLE TIME, being fact four. Several reasons for NJA not aquiring them were quoted, the main one being that the contracts at FLOPS were too screwed to deal with, fact five. I have also heard other senerios quoted in CMH and none of them had your fantasy involved.

If you have studied Warren Buffet at all, you will see that his tatic is to hold a company and build it into a hugh market share. Well NJA is well on it's way.
FLOPS isn't.

You sound like a FLOPS guy that is anti-union. Being a NJA pilot, I could careless if you guys vote the union in or not. Doesn't make a bit of difference to me. It is YOUR quality of life and YOUR paycheck, not mine.

Deal in fact voice of reason, not garbage and maybe we can have a real converastion.

Not to defend FLOPS but.......

"NJA is profitable and FLOPS isn't, being fact one.".........
........So how do you (or I for that matter) really know FLOPS is not making money?

"Raytheon has been shopped to NJA several times and every time they were told to take a hike, EVERY SINGLE TIME, being fact four".............
.............Really, I was at Travel Air when, the ONE time they shopped us, and yes nothing happened, Why, Who really knows, but we all suspect why, but at the end of the day no pilots know why a sale didn't happen. And I don't think that NJA has ever shopped FLOPS, pre or post merger.

Every thing else I agree with you on!!!!

Latest resources

Back