Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmm

DO-82 driver said:
Hey Voice....thanks for the laughs....just had about 40 or so pilots follow your post during Company recurrent.......

I wonder why such an "imaginative" poster such as my self would be the object of such intense interest? One might think such things wouldn't affect you at all, should they be so implausible..... :nuts:

BTW...When did NetJets start running recurrent for:

DO-82 driver

Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: twins
Ratings: sel, mel
Total Time: 200+

Last edited:
Mildly Interesting tidbit

Probably nothing, but it seems NetJets is having some Raytheon-like interests these days....

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20051104005070&newsLang=en

November 04, 2005 08:30 AM US Eastern Timezone
spacer.gif

XVionics Closes $3 Million Series B of Funding; SCP Partners Leads Round to Fuel Rapid Growth

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 4, 2005--XVionics, a global provider of combat-proven aviation command and control software solutions, today announced that it has closed a $3 million Series B round of funding, led by SCP Partners of Wayne, PA. This round of funding, combined with an initial round which included CSP Partners of Boston, MA, brings XVionics' total equity investment to date to more than $11 million.

"Real-time command and control solutions are essential to managing the chaotic environments of military and civilian aviation operations," said Yaron Eitan, director and general partner of SCP Partners. "XVionics has a unique and differentiated technology solution and highly profitable business model that will allow it to be a leader in its space. We are excited to extend our support for the company."
XVionics will use the latest round of financing to fuel expansion into new markets. The company's flagship product, the XVionics Operational System Management (XV-OMS), is a scalable, real-time decision support system designed specifically to meet the needs of aviation operations around the globe. XVionics recently released version 3.0 of the XV-OMS. The new version is architected using flexible XML technology on the Microsoft(R) .NET platform. The .NET platform enables the XV-OMS to easily integrate with existing hardware and software infrastructure, maximizing existing software investment.
"This second round of funding will help propel XVionics ahead of its competitors in the Command and Control software sector. The interest and dedication of a respected firm such as SCP Partners validates our strategy and growing leadership position in the military aviation market," said Gene Colabatistto, CEO of XVionics.
Existing members of XVionics' board include Chairman General Alexander M. Haig, Jr. of Worldwide Associates; and Directors Bill Boisture, President, Net Jets, Inc; John Fletcher, CEO of Fletcher-Spaght, Inc.; and Brad Meslin, Managing Director of CSP Associates.
About XVionics
XVionics is the only global technology company with extensive experience in providing end-to-end software solutions for complex resource management in intense military aviation environments. The company has leveraged its technology and the unparalleled expertise of wing and squadron commanders running combat and peace time sorties, to develop the XV-OMS, a field-proven command and control software solution that helps squadrons actively manage all air, ground and personnel resources. The XV-OMS dramatically improves the efficiency, cost savings and safety of air force squadrons around the world. Air Forces around the world look to XVionics to help them master the networked battlefield.
About SCP Partners
SCP Private Equity Partners ("SCP") is a diversified private equity investment firm with over $800 million under management that invests in mid and later stage companies in high growth industries, with an emphasis on technology. SCP generally invests in companies with commercially proven technologies that need capital to implement and market their business concepts. In addition to its primary emphases on security technologies, educational technologies and medical devices, SCP targets the information technology, internet infrastructure, financial services and wireless communications sectors. Among others, its portfolio includes investments in peer-to-peer technologies, IT services, streaming media, content management, e- learning, and application integration. While its investments are primarily within the US, it will consider a limited number of investments in foreign countries.
SCP maintains close and continuing relationships with the management of its portfolio companies, involving not merely participation on the boards of its companies, but also supporting management through critical analysis of business plans and initiatives, the identification and consummation of strategic alliances, and proactive help with business development. SCP supports its investment portfolio with a rich base of strategic, operating and financial expertise and an extensive networking capacity to access capital, recruit management and facilitate favorable strategic alliances.
SCP is based in suburban Wayne, Pennsylvania, but maintains offices as well in New Jersey, New York and Washington, DC.

VOR - why is it surprising to you that Bill Boisture is a board member at XVionics? It's not uncommon for a senior manager at one company to be on the board of directors at a different company.

If Boisture's presence at XVionics raises red flags for you, how about one of the other board members there - Gen. Al Haig? Oh my goodness...must automatically mean something devious that a retired senior military officer sits on the board of a company that specializes in combat-related software. Better call the GAO or DOJ.

Last edited:
Voice Of Reason said:

------------------------------------------------
How about p 14?...you know, gunfyter, the same part, yet directly prior to the tiny tidbit you chose to cut and paste....You didn't think us blind, did you?: http://www.ibt1108.org/3FINAL%20JBD%2010-13-05.pdf

1.10(c)(i)

If pilots of the acquired carrier are hired by the Company, the seniority lists of
the respective pilot groups shall be integrated pursuant to Teamsters Merger Policy if
both groups are represented by the IBT, or if the pilots of the acquired airline are not
represented by the IBT, then pursuant to a method *to be determined by the Union*.
Seniority integration procedures shall be promptly initiated following announcement of
an operational merger affecting the seniority of the pilot groups. The Company or other
Successor, as appropriate, shall accept the integrated seniority list. There will be no
system flush or removal of pilots from their positions as a result of seniority list
integration. (ed: Meaning the pilots covered by this agreement:IBT, see underlined/bold section...of course, this is assuming NetJets would be the buyer, lol)

What's the problem. If both groups are IBT... then there is a predetermined method to Seniority Integration. If not then the integration has to be NEGOTIATED between the groups and determined by the union. Just means that the company does not determine.

Read the rest of the section that says that integration is negotiated between the current pilot group and representatives of the incoming pilot group, IF they can't agree -- It goes to an arbitration. What could possibly be more fair than that?

I am not going to quote all this for you.

In any case THERE IS NO STAPLER and everybody keeps their seats.

Except VOICE. We may have to find a seat with restraining devices... to prevent going off the edge.

Show me the Stapler... its not there.

Last edited:
uh-duh

gunfyter said:
[/left]
[/indent]What's the problem. If both groups are IBT... then there is a predetermined method to Seniority Integration. If not then the integration has to be NEGOTIATED between the groups and determined by the union. Just means that the company does not determine.

Read the rest of the section that says that integration is negotiated between the current pilot group and representatives of the incoming pilot group,

I am not going to quote all this for you.

In any case THERE IS NO STAPLE and everybody keeps their seats.

:uzi: HELLLOOOOOOOOOOO.....????!??!??!??!???!
***IF BOTH ARE IBT*** :smash: It all goes back to THAT statement
Thanks for MAKING my point, THEN claiming there's no "staple". Anyone who can read can see that, no matter HOW FAR they read... It STILL goes back to that statement no matter how you attempt to sugarcoat it and avoid the applicable parts in your posts...:puke:

The Fact that won't disappear

Voice Of Reason said:

------------------------------------------------
How about p 14?...you know, gunfyter, the same part, yet directly prior to the tiny tidbit you chose to cut and paste....You didn't think us blind, did you?: http://www.ibt1108.org/3FINAL%20JBD%2010-13-05.pdf

:uzi: 1.10(c)(i)

If pilots of the acquired carrier are hired by the Company, the seniority lists of
the respective pilot groups shall be integrated pursuant to Teamsters Merger Policy :puke: *if
both* groups are represented by the IBT, or if the pilots of the acquired airline are not
represented by the IBT, then pursuant to a method *to be determined by the Union*. :bomb:
Seniority integration procedures shall be promptly initiated following announcement of
an operational merger affecting the seniority of the pilot groups. The Company or other
Successor, as appropriate, shall accept the integrated seniority list. There will be no
system flush or removal of pilots from their positions as a result of seniority list
integration. (ed: Meaning the pilots covered by this agreement:IBT, see underlined/bold section...of course, this is assuming NetJets would be the buyer, lol):smash:

Attempts to hide these facts in a slew of trash talk will fail miserably. Read for yourself, people! :bomb:

No you are wrong...

"There will be no flush or removal of pilots from their positions as a result of seniority integration."

applies whether the new group is IBT or NOT IBT.

The only difference between integration of another IBT group, and a non IBT group is

the method of integration will have to be determined by the Union... negotiations will occur and if no agreement can be reached -- arbitration.

Yes people -- read for yourself!

However if you agree with VOICE, then you would have to conclude it will be much better to be already a TEAMSTER than to wait...

So I do not understand how his argument helps his position against joining the Union. His argument seems to indicate you should HURRY UP and get in the union before you get screwed....

Last edited:
Well THAT's sure different

gunfyter said:
No you are wrong...

"There will be no flush or removal of pilots from their positions as a result of seniority integration."

applies whether the new group is IBT or NOT IBT.

The only difference between integration of another IBT group, and a non IBT group is

the method of integration will have to be determined by the Union... negotiations will occur and if no agreement can be reached -- arbitration.

IS THIS THING ON???? HELLO? Do you seriously think FLOPS pilots have the reading ability of a trucker?

gunfyter said:
So I do not understand how his argument helps his position against joining the Union. His argument seems to indicate you should HURRY UP and get in the union before you get screwed....

I could less than give two poops about whether there is or isn't going to be a union at FLOPS. It sure is taking FOREVER to find out, though, for such a "done deal". WHY do you people ALWAYS make it about getting a union for FLOPS? Obsessed much? My Gahd if we want one so bad, we'll get one...it really shouldn't bother you SOoooooo much (unless of course you are fearing the very scenario in my original post that started this thread)..Why ELSE such a fear of everything I say?????:angryfire <--(Gunfyter)

I am not fearing anything. It does not matter if we get sold or we buy or we merge. I am at the top of the seniority list here and I am not getting bumped. If we are bought you just bought a unionized pilot force and a CONTRACT.

Your rantings still do not explain why it will be better for FLOPS pilots not to unionize under IBT.

IF FLOPS and NJA merge it would seem that your arguments show you are better off to already be IBT... since you fear Integration will be determined BY THE UNION

But as I have pointed out, your fears are unfounded. The way the union will determine is by negotiation between groups and arbitration... as required by 1.10(c) ii, iii, and iv.

and once again

This applies to ALL pilots. Not bad reading comprehension for a trucker with a BS in Physics , eh?

Oh, and by the way, if we merge or get bought or buy you... when you start working under the NJAIBT CBA... and get a raise, more vacation, and better work rules... be sure to thank a Trucker... and speak real slow so we can understand you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back