• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Management, You Will Be Sued AND Lose

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the kind of thing I'm trying to say too. Just an objective view that doesn't support management or the union. But since there's so much union support here, any bit of defense I give to management is taken way too far.
Thanks Publishers...

Have you worked at FO? Spent time in the OCC taking the BS from MGT? If not, why defend a management team you know nothing about? I've paid my dues and I can tell you one thing, the managment team at FO is one of the most manipulative management teams I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Don't think for one minute that what was done to those employees, ALL employees, was not meant to be hateful. They used this as a way to get rid of employees that did not kiss ass. I'm not union and I'm not a pilot.

I was not trying to defend management but merely point out that the rhetoric rarely keeps up with what is going on. Fighting with employee groups is demanding and draining. I have said before, the nature of a pilot job in an organization like an airline or company like the fractionals is different than in a company where all work in the same place. Pilots as they never are right at the HQ feel more remote and not a part of what is going on for good or bad. They rarely know what the business side is doing. I have no trouble stating that pilots were the most difficult group I ever had to work with. It was always sort of amazing that people who rely on a strong level of confidence in the sky become so insecure on the ground. I actually took the time many years ago and had mandatory meetings to review where we stood on the p and l that month, what the objectives were, and where we needed to go. I think it helped everyone to stay more focused on the objective of the business not just flying the tube.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back