FLOPS latest BEND-OVER PGM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear Flight Options Crewmember

Safety is job ONE. Hey silly boy, Safety rests with the crew. No matter what the company does, the crew is the linchpin to safety. Enough of this 135, SimuFlite, SOP CRAP making things saver without any mention of the contribution and obligation of the crew.

Service is a crew issue. The crew is the last defense against bad service. Looks like plane side manner is supposed to help. What the He!! is plan side manner?

Profitability on the backs of the crewmembers mostly and employees to some degree.

Domicile Program equals move or quit.

Crew Meals equals buy your own kinda like the last days of RTA.

Schedule equals call ya when we need ya. No more planning your time off with the family.

Crew Expense equals no more tips from me and I will not take a cab unless arrange by dispatch to the local cab company in the area I am located in. Sorry Mr. Owner. The Company could not find me a cab and was not gonna walk to the airport.

Hotels equals cheap. Lookout for the CRACK HEADS. Get a concealed carry permit.

Fuel Burn equals go slow and screw the owner. Why were you late for the recovery trip? Sorry Kmart Clerk now dipatcher, had to go slow, it’s the policy.

Waste Management equals on the backs of the crewmembers.

Best regards,

The Management Team

wannab0133 said:
I'm not sure i see the problem here. the changes seem painless. remember you guys arent making money hand over fist right now. the goal is for FO to be profitable, not to have crew meals and unlimited domiciles. remember 99% of corporate pilots dont have crew meals, that shouldnt be a huge sacrifice. the fbo's know where to get good food fast. you still have a huge number of domiciles. more than any airline or fractional or any corporation that i know. theyre just trying to turn a profit over there and if they dont all this arguing is a moot point b/c FO will be no more and you guys will be on the street. not trying to start an argument, but just telling like i see it from an outsiders point of view. .

Wannabe, 99% of corporate pilots don't have to live off of a per diem, they get company credit cards to put their meals on. We get something like $42 per day to spend on meals. Have you ever noticed that a breakfast at most places costs over $10 by the time you have coffee and tip? Down to $30 now. Two more meals to go. Sure we can eat fruit at the hotels continental breakfast, but did you ever eat so much fruit your fart smelled like melon? (See "You might be a FLOPS pilot if. . ."thread) You're right, we're not making money hand over fist here, but being able to live literally ANYWHERE you want is worth another $10,000 in concession to most pilots. Do yourself a favor and keep seeing it from an "outsider's point of view."

wannab0133 said:
I'm not sure i see the problem here. the changes seem painless. remember you guys arent making money hand over fist right now. the goal is for FO to be profitable, not to have crew meals and unlimited domiciles. remember 99% of corporate pilots dont have crew meals, that shouldnt be a huge sacrifice. the fbo's know where to get good food fast. you still have a huge number of domiciles. more than any airline or fractional or any corporation that i know. theyre just trying to turn a profit over there and if they dont all this arguing is a moot point b/c FO will be no more and you guys will be on the street. not trying to start an argument, but just telling like i see it from an outsiders point of view. .

You forget....we're not corporate pilots. We don't get 2 weeks notice for a 2 day trip. And many of the bigger corporate flight departments give their pilots a credit card for expenses including meals. Our crew meals are a convienience to the company. They're provided so that we can fly through meal times because the schedule is constantly changing....even enroute. Otherwise we take 2 hours of their precious duty time so we can eat.

They're doing this to attain profitability? BA HA HA HA HA! Pissed off pilots aren't good for "profitability".

99% of corporate pilots can eat wherever and whatever they want with no spending limits. The only time I eat crew meals is when the schedule of the day requires it. I know when it is going to happen and order a quality meal well ahead of time. And, as the last guy said, free hotel breakfasts suck big time. I pass up free crap breakfasts all the time just to find quality food.

This is the problem in aviation, if it isn't profitable raise the rates!! Instead they wanna f--k the employees. When the local gas or electric company stops being profitable they just jack up the rates until things work agian. Look at that Comair pilot pay raise freeze they will save 20 million a year but Delta is losing 2 billion a year. So this will stop 1% of their bleeding. It's like showing up at a fire with a squirt gun.

I'm starting to think the only thing that may save this industry is re-regulation

Another poster said it best, "This is Crap work for Crap Pay." Stay here if ya want. I'm outta here as soon as possilbe. Why, because by the time of the union vote, all this bad for the pilots stuff will be in place and status quo. Very Pi$$ poor position for the first MEC. YES!???

We asked for it...

We had a chance to get some sort of representation just before the merger (at least those who were coming from RTA). But no, things weren't bad enough. We've had over three years since then to get some sort of representation, but no, things still weren't bad enough. At least 50% + 1 of us are getting exactly what we asked for.

Pucker up butter cup! Kool aid all around!!

wannab0133 said:

You are right, we aren't making ANY money. One owner told me he pays his limo driver more than the company pays me. The only reason we took less pay was the benefits...schedule, live where you want, fed all the time, decent duty days...

Well that all is gone, they are taking away the domiciles. They are changing the schedules. And don't think that the latest edition is the last. We have experience with these guys. They take a little at a time, let people get used to it then take more. There will only be Tier 1 airports remaining, there will only be a flex schedule remaining, there will be no more food unless you pay for it, there will be minimum rest everynight and you WILL have to fight for even that. We already are expected to fly from 0500 till 1400 with no food because the legs were empty or they just didn't order you anything.

And have you looked at the tier 1 airports? They say they chose them because of cost of travel. But many of the major stopping points are not on there. How many of us fly to/from klax or ksfo or kphx or klas or kslc or kpbi (just to name a few) on a regular basis. However none of those are on the list. kcle however is.....imagine that! And I don't think I have ever flown to kstl, or kmci to pick up aircraft.

And the pay scale has been SHRINKING a little at a time.

Don't compare us to coporate. A corporate job gets paid at LEAST 20k more a year. A corporate job gives you company credit card to eat on....whenever you are hungry. A corporate job gives you plenty of rest. A corporate job only flies an average of 300-400hrs a year. We do at least 500hrs. A corporate pilot is home most nights. We spend more nights in hotels than we do our homes.

Bottom line is this place is finished. Raytheon is the typical evil greedy screw its employees to make an extra .50 this quarter with no look at the future. It is no longer worth our time.

GET OUT!! There ARE better jobs out there.

Last edited:
do the owners at flops or netjets know the payscales for pilots? i know when i flew charter back in the day, the passengers thought we were making 200k flying them around in king airs. when we told them what we were actually making they looked at me like he was glad to be alive. some people would crap in their pants if they knew the fo of their falcon 2000 was getting paid less than 30k a year.

Latest resources

Back