• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS in AIN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course the picture that you take would not be used unless you were already terminated. Make sure your face is in it so the write-up just happens to be in the "background."
That being said I am not for illegal job actions (changing of status quo, bogus write-ups), but against wrongful termination.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Options Pilots!

I just watched the NBAA video clip that was posted on the NJ board--thanks for that! Thanks for the phone call heads-up, too...:) Watching those banners being towed brought back how excited the NJ families were when we were at that point in our contract battle. The momentum is picking up! Companies don't like being publicly embarassed...:rolleyes: should have thought about that before hand...:mad: No comment from their side--like that was a surprise. Actions speak louder than words anyway, and I do rather think raising the health care cost by 159% just about said it all. Congrats on pushing back! Every step forward takes you closer to your goal of professional compensation/treatment.

Congratulations on this big step! NJW

http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=150188534&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999

I just watched the NBAA video clip that was posted on the NJ board--thanks for that! Thanks for the phone call heads-up, too...:) Watching those banners being towed brought back how excited the NJ families were when we were at that point in our contract battle. The momentum is picking up! Companies don't like being publicly embarassed...:rolleyes: should have thought about that before hand...:mad: No comment from their side--like that was a surprise. Actions speak louder than words anyway, and I do rather think raising the health care cost by 159% just about said it all. Congrats on pushing back! Every step forward takes you closer to your goal of professional compensation/treatment.

Congratulations on this big step! NJW

[URL="http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=150188534&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999"]http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=150188534&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999[/URL]

Can you please post the link of the banner tow vid??

One could do this, but then you would be subject to termination for violating the company's "No Recording Policy":

No Recording Policy
Employees are prohibited from utilizing audio or video recording equipment (including cell phones for such purpose) on Company property or when Company business is being discussed, except where such audio or video equipment is provided by the Company and then only for purposes the Company has authorized. Still photography of aircraft, flight equipment and company premises, except as a background for photos of employees, requires management approval and then can be used only for the approved purpose. As with any other Company policy, violating this policy could result in disciplinary action, including termination.
There's a whole lotta "CYA" goin' on...

Huh. Intersesting.

At NJA we have a NO RECORDATION policy. Dunno who perfected the spelling on that one.

It's funny how when something breaks hard on our airplanes here (today) the company is eager to see if one has a phone camera and wouldn't mond sending in an image to help them get a "clearer picture".

In examining the above underlined exerpt of this company policy I would make sure that you put your foot or hand in the foreground of the photograph of the image. That way you are sure to capture any image of an aircrat in the background of the entire photo.

You can only combat lunacy with moon cheese.

Njw - 300% +/-

Healthcare for my family is going from about $142 a month to just over $470 a month. I'm afraid that is not 159%, but more like just over 330%.

Very impressive for the company. I thought MS's changes in the Express division of USAir were bad (done that), this takes the cake.

Huh. Intersesting.

At NJA we have a NO RECORDATION policy. Dunno who perfected the spelling on that one.

It's funny how when something breaks hard on our airplanes here (today) the company is eager to see if one has a phone camera and wouldn't mond sending in an image to help them get a "clearer picture".

#136 of the policy manual:
NetJets does not condone the interception or recordation of conversations by, between, or among employees concerning the business of NetJets, whether such conversations are in person or over the telephone. Accordingly, no employee shall intercept or record, attempt to intercept or record, or procure another person to intercept or record any in-person or telephone communications by, between, or among NetJets employees and relating in any way to the business of NetJets.
Consent for interception or recordation of in person or telephonic conversations may be granted by NetJets personnel at or above the level of Executive Vice President or President or a designee thereof. The granting of such consent is at the sole discretion of the Executive Vice President, President or his or her designee. In those instances where consent is granted, it shall be provided in writing.

I think this policy is just referring to phone traffic. The company doesn't want anyone (including our pilots) being incriminated for a simple phone conversation.
Asking for and getting pictures of a discrepancy (such as a birdstrike or other damage) many times is beneficial to the company because we can sometimes have a better understanding of what we are dealing with. In most cases our pilots are helpful when asked to do so and we are grateful for it.
SG​

Healthcare for my family is going from about $142 a month to just over $470 a month. I'm afraid that is not 159%, but more like just over 330%.

Very impressive for the company. I thought MS's changes in the Express division of USAir were bad (done that), this takes the cake.

Thanks for the reminder that the figure is for one pilot and doesn't include his/her family. That makes it even more disgusting and causes one to dig in their heels all the more. :mad: Talk about a slap in the face! Watch yourselves out on the line. Financial worries can be very fatiguing...and that's a huge paycut!

Dirty fighting like that has a way of backfiring and strengthening the resolve of the group being attacked. I think it's very penny wise but pound foolish. My sympathy and admiration to the Flt Ops pilots and their families!
Netjetwife

In most cases our pilots are helpful when asked to do so and we are grateful for it.

Perhaps sometime in the not too distant future, FltOps pilots will likewise be helpful when asked to do so. ;)

Latest resources

Back