• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops, CS and Flex reaction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I thought they didn't care about us on day 8.

All of this can be solved by going on a 7 & 7 and putting some work rules in place with a contract that can't be changed on a whim !!!!!

Send in the cards !!!!!!!!!!

cosmotheassman said:
Wasn't the original question here about what other fractionals are saying about this NJA deal?

Another thread stolen by NJA BS...

Hey Cosmothedumbassman,
I think this thread was stolen by Voice of Treason and people other than NJ. :rolleyes:

Heard from a Flex crew

I was in Dulles the other day and talked to a guy I know that is at Flex.

He told me that he had spoken to Chief pilot (I guess I'm not supposed to mention his name).

He said that they would be offering something.

Also while I'm here, I have talked to 2 NJI crews on this trip. All great people! I would be happy to work with any of them. They would be happy to work with me (their words).

Semore Butts said:
Also while I'm here, I have talked to 2 NJI crews on this trip. All great people! I would be happy to work with any of them. They would be happy to work with me (their words).

From the same guy that said this........

Semore Butts said:
I was talking to a buddy from American. He like many others, is very frustrated.

HE proposed this;

For the good of all of us, (In no particular order) American, Delta, United, Continental, Southwest (yes, I have buddies there as well who need it) USAIR, Jet Blue, Net jets, Flexjet, Flight Options, Citation Shares, JAL, Virgin, Lufthansa, Aero Mexico, KLM, UPS, Fedex, and all corporate flight departments, aand every other machine that is flying in the sky.

All of the management tactics and maneuvers are really getting everybody down. We are fighting with our nonflying teanmembers at all of our different companies.

Therefore, for us, and as a tribute to all of our friends and families that were affected by 911.

Lets just declare September 11, a Safety Standown day (As done in the military). Nobody fly, we all take the day off, and honor our lost from 911.

All of us step back and reflect on where we are, and what is important.

I wonder what the effect would be on how we are percieved by the flying public?

We are many in labor unions, but we are professionals??? Why arent we in a professional union like Lawyers or Doctors?

It wasn't my idea, but I wish it would have been.

Just imagine......

Your transparent rhetoric/propaganda wreaks.... please just do your part in getting the MX availability back above 65% so we all have jobs, NJA and NJI alike.

By the way, with this great TA and contract, why isn't the availability above 65%? When does the game end? November 21st? When your pens run dry? Just trying to understand

You're right said:
From the same guy that said this........

Your transparent rhetoric/propaganda wreaks.... please just do your part in getting the MX availability back above 65% so we all have jobs, NJA and NJI alike.

By the way, with this great TA and contract, why isn't the availability above 65%? When does the game end? November 21st? When your pens run dry? Just trying to understand[/quote

What are you talking about? Total availability today is 72%. Not bad considering we have mx techs that take 5 or 6 write ups to determine the actual problem-mixing valve installed upside down, or techs that want to replace an HF transfer switch for the number two HF when it's not even installed in the a/c, or schedulers that try to sent a jet international with temporary registration, or dispatchers that try to sqeeze numbers that won't work, and jets that are being used like airliners that were meant to fly a few hundred hours per year actually flying nearly 2000 hrs per year. Don't blame all the trouble on the pilots. BTW, it's not a great contract, merely acceptable.

Pervis --Apparently the "dnif" flu has impaired your memory, or maybe you just need to slip on your pair of "possibly cracked smoke goggles" and read the actual reports. It's not the schedulers or dispatchers that CONTINUE to write up the aircraft.

GRIZ---ABANEKI---and all other disciples
You guys know the "math", but a 10% decrease in mx availability costs OUR company over $800k PER DAY in subcontract costs (on high demand days)

I would have thought the message had gone out from the MEC to "burn the blue book". I'm certain it did, but many aren't listening. When does it end? November 21st? We will not have a company to pay for this contract if some of the pilots don't cool it!!

DNIF is a fact of life when you're exposed to people from all over the world on top of working 80 hours in a 7 day period. In spite of that, I've only been sick for 5 days in over 5 years. As far as "cracked goggles", I wouldn't want to be at FL430 with smoke in the cockpit and bad goggles. Besides, it's an FAA requirement that could result in certificate action for the crew if not addressed. Some FAA requirements appear silly to pilots as well, but I won't jeapordize my career bypassing regulatory requirements for any person or company. In fact, the pax are generally in agreement when it comes to safety.

There are some who do their best to get out of work, that I'll grant you, but it is not limited to one sector of any company. You could offer a million dollars per year working one day per month and some would still bitch because they have to pay the taxes or some other nonsense.

All I'm saying is it's very narrow minded to blame one group for a company's trouble. How much does it cost the company to ferry a jet from one coast to another for a .7 rev trip? A free upgrade from a closer jet would be far cheaper. How much does it cost to replace a crew that has been worked to death and get criticised for calling in fatigued? Would you want to ride in back with a tired crew? Most of us just want to do our jobs and get properly compensated for it. Real easy to place blame, though, isn't it?

Same Team

Pervis said:
Most of us just want to do our jobs and get properly compensated for it.

AGREED on the above statement. I may not be speaking to you Pervis (odds are you do a great job), but bottomline the slowdown needs to stop. The TA is in place, the vote is forthcoming, but the BS is continuing. I STILL see it every single day. Guys dnif'ing at departure time, downing three/four airplanes a day, etc.

I won't entertain the discussion about "safe aircraft" or "rested pilots". We both know the truth and the slowdown served it's purpose. The pilots now have a TA that will change the fractional industry. No one expected it to hault overnight, but the krap needs to stop. It serves NO purpose at this point. Not for the pilots, other employees, and certainly not for our owners.

65%-70% MX availability each day will STFD and that's where we are "today"--NOT GOOD.

PS I'm not blaming the pilots for all the problems; believe me, I know there is plenty of work to be done all around. The "labor management partnership" program should help to bridge those gaps.

PSS Sorry this thread changed to yet another NJ thread--it's an addiction evidently

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back