Flitefone VI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dpilot_citation

We have a Flitefone VI in our C560. We have heard that the system (AGRAS) is to be decommissioned by year end. We have also heard that it is the Aircell system is the one to be decommissioned by year end. Does anyone know which is correct?

Thanks for your help!

Dpilot_citation

not sure but we used the phone the other day and the charge was over 100.00 for a call to dispatch to have them notify the limo of our early arrival! Holy Crap! I was on the phone no more than 3 minutes.

dpilot_citation said:
We have a Flitefone VI in our C560. We have heard that the system (AGRAS) is to be decommissioned by year end. We have also heard that it is the Aircell system is the one to be decommissioned by year end. Does anyone know which is correct?

Thanks for your help!

Dpilot_citation

I think it's Aircell that's going away. All you have to do is call Agras and ask them.

AirCell's ground based system is going away by the end of the year and they are going to a Satalite system. We just bought our cell system 2 years ago and now have to spend another 15K to switch it over to Sat. I dont know about the other company.

Yup, we just switched out some AirCell stuff for sat. I've never seen the charges and I'm usually making 1-2 calls per leg...is it really that bad?

Latest resources

Back