• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Flitefone VI

dpilot_citation

Total Time
We have a Flitefone VI in our C560. We have heard that the system (AGRAS) is to be decommissioned by year end. We have also heard that it is the Aircell system is the one to be decommissioned by year end. Does anyone know which is correct?

Thanks for your help!

Dpilot_citation

KSUPILOT

Total Time
not sure but we used the phone the other day and the charge was over 100.00 for a call to dispatch to have them notify the limo of our early arrival! Holy Crap! I was on the phone no more than 3 minutes.

SabreFlyR

Total Time
dpilot_citation said:
We have a Flitefone VI in our C560. We have heard that the system (AGRAS) is to be decommissioned by year end. We have also heard that it is the Aircell system is the one to be decommissioned by year end. Does anyone know which is correct?

Thanks for your help!

Dpilot_citation

I think it's Aircell that's going away. All you have to do is call Agras and ask them.

fr8dogfo

Total Time
AirCell's ground based system is going away by the end of the year and they are going to a Satalite system. We just bought our cell system 2 years ago and now have to spend another 15K to switch it over to Sat. I dont know about the other company.

Raskal

big member, little pay
Total Time
*sigh*
Yup, we just switched out some AirCell stuff for sat. I've never seen the charges and I'm usually making 1-2 calls per leg...is it really that bad?