Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
I’m trying to find a video of the new Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) cameras in action. What I’m specifically looking for is a video of the use of FLIR on an approach, so you can see the runway environment. I’m not looking for video of things getting blown up in infrared (although it’s cool). I’ve seen video of approaches using the FLIR. One had a split screen and it showed the approach with FLIR and without FLIR at the same time. That would be ideal. We may get it on a new aircraft! We would like to show the video to the owner to help close the deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you’ve seen anything like that online please do let me know.

Thanks in advance….

There is an nice video of some OH-58s watching a couple in a car go at it.

That's the one I was thinking of. The crew went back to refuel, came back, and the couple were STILL going at it. :laugh: Not gonna post a link, though. No Penalty box time for me. It's probably easy enough to Google anyway. Don't remember any approaches involved;) .

BushwickBill said:
I’m trying to find a video of the new Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) cameras in action.We may get it on a new aircraft! We would like to show the video to the owner to help close the deal.

I would think the company(s) who's product(s) you are/have evaluated gave you all of their promotional videos. Or do they not do that?

Expensive options to ask us to evaluate to only give us a booklet, don't you think?

Latest resources

Back