FlightSaftey Instructor Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PiratePilot

What is the salary range of a FSI sim instructor? And is there a difference in pay for different equipment? Just curious. Thanks

100,000 NOT. When I started with FSI in 2001 the start was 70,000 for the Gulfstreams. FSI is a great place to retire or if you don't want to fly anymore. If you still have your medical and you want to fly don't become a sim instructor. It will drive you crazy watching some of the boneheads coming through there. :eek: Some you will have to coddle to get through their rides. Some days you’ll be glad you are in the sim and not the aircraft giving dual. Don’t get me wrong it is a great job but understand any promises of flight time with clients or manufactures seldom come to fruition. I enjoyed my time in the box and when I'm ready to retire from flying hopefully there will be a slot open to do some part-time work.

Simuflite is about the same. The downside is that for alot of people, this is all they have due to: family, medical, and other reasons. Management knows this, and they will lie to your face, work you to death, and just generally abuse the heii out of you at their whim. I second the opinion on weak students. My last client to add insult to injury toasted me in his critique. I worked there for three years with no complaints. I wouldnt recommend his copilot for a type ride. He then proceeded to write a crappy critique and blame his lack of judgement in the hiring department on me. He did all the preflight checks and radio calls, and
she couldnt fly for ********************. What a tool!!! lucky that was the exception to the rule. most guys were great to work with...

I think the management boys at FSI SAV have the $100K arrow in their quiver, but they only use it on the type rated instructors with a medical, the one's they're afraid they are going to loose.

At least that's what the former facility director told me. Well, that's not entirely true either. He told me he could offer his instructors six figures and I more or less divined the rest.

GV

Thanks for the repiles! I was just curious because I am presently in recurrent at ICT and my partner and I were arguing over some BBQ how much these instructors make. We decided we had no idea and thought some of you might know.

Latest resources

Back