Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Guitar Guy

Charvel - San Dimas
I recently earned a Pro Card during my first-ever visit to FSI late last year. I was wondering how employers view the card. Is it considered an advantage by most potential employers? And do other training companies offer something similar to the Pro Card?

Thanks for the responses.

I think they give those out to everyone.

I always just tossed mine. No one ever asked about it at interviews.

Maybe someone could fully explain the "Pro-Card". Been going to FlightSafety regularly now for years. I don't think I have ever not gotten a Pro-Card but I was wondering also about this thing...

The pro card at FS is a life insurance policy that Flight Safety gives the pilots that earn one. The blue and silver card is one level and the gold is a higher level of insurance. I cannot recall the dollar amounts that each one is worth. I do recall filling out a beneficiary paper for this at one time.

The Procard is more for the pilot and not for the employer.

You can show it to chicks in the bar....it may impress them. If you die in an accident in the aircraft you received training in, FS will pay out a life insurance policy. Not sure of the amount but it should cover most of the cost of a fairly nice funeral.

I thought they just showed you were qualified (on paper) to serve as PIC under 61.56 (or so my cards show)

I thought the gold color just meant you go every 6 months instead of 12...???

I know....All this and $1.80 get you a coffee at Starbucks.

I was curious to know if any employers put an extra emphasis on an applicant that has the Pro Card. It doesn't sound like that is much of an issue.

For those of you who are wondering, here's some info from FSI on their Pro Card. Enjoy...

Silver or Gold ProCards may be earned by professional pilots employed as PIC’s who consistently exceed the standards defined in the FAA ATP/Type Rating Practical Test Standards (ATP PTS). To qualify pilots must possess an FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument rating or ATP (or foreign equivalent), 1,500 hours total time, and 500 hours PIC. Pilots must also complete a FlightSafety Initial, Recurrent or Differences course, and operate a multiengine type of aircraft. The Cards are issued for specific aircraft and expire in eight months from date of issue. The first time a professional pilot earns a ProCard, it will be a silver card. Subsequent successful completion of qualifying FSI training, prior to expiration of the silver Procard qualifies a pilot to earn a Gold Procard.. Therefore, if a pilot receives a silver ProCard, then completes training successfully on a second, qualifying aircraft within eight months, the earned ProCard for the second aircraft will be gold.

White colored ProCards are issued to pilots who do not meet the prerequisites of the Silver or Gold ProCard but still exceed FAA/ATP Type Rating Practical Test Standards..

Free accident insurance is issued to PIC’s of crewed aircraft who are Full Service professional pilots and who operate their aircraft with two FlightSafety trained pilots. Full Service customers are first issued Accident Insurance when they earn a silver or gold ProCard. The initial coverage is for $50,000 and is increased at $10,000 increments each time a pilot successfully completes a training program at intervals of 8 months or less. The maximum insurance coverage is $100,000. Insurance is increased upon completion of training if the customer has a current ProCard for any aircraft in his or her possession and they have earned a new ProCard for the training just completed.

Copilots are not eligible to earn ProCards, however they are eligible for Accident Insurance if they train with a PIC from their company and operate their airplane with a FSI trained PIC.

Accident Insurance coverage for a pilot terminates when the applicable ProCard expires, or the pilot is terminated from the Full Service Contract.

Latest resources

Back