Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Going to FSI Atlanta for King Air recurrent. Always a ICT guy but trying Atlanta for a change in scenery.

Any hotel, restaurant, bar (!), etc recommendations ? Do I need a rental car ?

Any intel on the facility, instructors ?

Thanks

SATPAK77, I used to attend FSI in ATL years ago. Standard stuff. Marriott on the airport in where I stayed, and you could walk to FSI. Three dollar cafe has the best wings around. Rental car highly recommended to get to good restarants. Hope this helps.

ATL is ok. The main advantage is that you are walking distance from just about anything you need. Marriott is the nicest hotel. Couple different types of food choices out there and you can walk from several hotels if you so choose. Instructors didnt blow my hair back by any means, but ok facility.

the "dwarf house" the original Chick-fil-a is just a few minutes away too, nothing fancy but you gotta have a hot brown...

I am assuming you guys stayed at Marriott Renaissance (walking distance). The airport marriott looks like it is 2 miles away

Another vote for the Marriott Renaissance, walking distance if the WX is good... just across a big ole parking lot or two.

Also you gotta try the Varsity! Its a right of passage for anyone who wants to claim they visited ATL...

Might want to make that your last days events (after your check ride) :blush:

As some have said, the instructors are good, occasionally you'll find one who's really good... but usually they are average, get the job done.

Facility, last time I was there was clean and in decent shape.

Area foods are the usual fast food stuff etc... most are out on Virginia Ave or Central Ave, so take a cab or rental car...

Your close to I-85 and I=75 so you can get just about anywhere you'll want to go in ATL within a reasonable amount of time so long as traffic cooperates... which is a rare event in ATL.

Now as a former ATL Police Officer (7.5 years) I can tell you to stay out of Egan park and South Park to your west. Willingham Drive and Main Street Area is also questionable. Area around South Fulton Med Center to your north.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back