Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLIGHTAWARE screensaver almost live - here it is...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems as though the url to get the map changes regularly.

The original post used a url of map3.flightaware.com...etc. When I set mine up the url in the original post did not work. I went to the website and brought up IAH, when I checked the url of the map it had changed to map1.flightaware......
Today I got back from a trip and It was not working so I checked and see its map3.flightaware..... again.

Anyone know how to work around this?

Flightaware had some data feed issues a few days back, try to "new" URL and see if it works. Bring up the map/"radar" image and right click on it, go to properties, and the URL is listed there

Anybody know how to "tweak" the code so it follows a particular tail number/ flight number? That would be sneaky.

JJ

May be a dumb question, but I can't find the answer. What is the difference between the green and blue data blocks?

Thanks

Green are aircraft in the AREA of the airport you have selected. Blue are aircraft that are arriving or departing at the airport you have selected.

Its great!
but there must be an Air Hold in place at DFW because I typed in 5 seconds and I don't see any motion.

Also still have a stripe at the top of my screen that changing the height does not fix (it just adds more off the bottom of the screen I think. (I have pasted in the fix code mentioned earlier)

Thank-yuh!

GravityHater said:
Its great!
but there must be an Air Hold in place at DFW because I typed in 5 seconds and I don't see any motion.
Well first of all, the sweep on the radar is probably at least 5 secs. I would think updating any less than 20 secs would not show any changes....

Nice

Nice guys, with this my wife can know where I am at all times!! :laugh:

hope everybody likes it, I run the KDFW display with DFW ATC real audio in the background

that makes me an official nerd

Latest resources

Back