Flight Works

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scar1900

Any past or present Flight Works pilots? I would like to apply for a position at their HEF offices and was wondering about the usual stuff (pay, QOL, upgrade)... Everyone who I've talked to said that they are a great company, but none had actually worked there.

I flew for them just before they became Flightworks (they were AVTECH Executive Flight Center before, but that went bankrupt). It wasn't bad for charter back then, but that was back in 1998.

I hear good and bad things about them in Atlanta. I don't really know?

You will not get any honest information other than positive comments about Flightworks from any current or previous employees. Flightworks' management has a history of reviewing these forums looking for current employees comments. Last summer just prior to my leaving Flightworks (I was not fired), I was disciplined for posting an honest assessment of the job, I also posted salaries ranges and was told that was confidential company information. I was not negative in my assessment but I was told by DO and CP that my comments were inappropriate. You can search for my previous threads. The company has also sued previous employees for leaving for 91 gigs, that the company alleges the pilots obtained while flying the client on a Flightworks A/C. So don't expect to see any current or recent employees opinions on here. Decided on the job based on your own observations during the interview.

With management like that, it's got to be a great place to work... :rolleyes: TC

Roadblock said:
You will not get any honest information other than positive comments about Flightworks from any current or previous employees. Flightworks' management has a history of reviewing these forums looking for current employees comments. Last summer just prior to my leaving Flightworks (I was not fired), I was disciplined for posting an honest assessment of the job, I also posted salaries ranges and was told that was confidential company information. I was not negative in my assessment but I was told by DO and CP that my comments were inappropriate. You can search for my previous threads. The company has also sued previous employees for leaving for 91 gigs, that the company alleges the pilots obtained while flying the client on a Flightworks A/C. So don't expect to see any current or recent employees opinions on here. Decided on the job based on your own observations during the interview.

How did they know it was you posting the stuff anyway?

Yeah sounds like a place that I would want to be at.

to the good- looks like good mtc, an organized and professionally run operation.

to the negative- you will for the most part be seat locked into the aircraft you're hired for, which will be explained to you in the interview. these are only my personal observations, based on a lot of reading between the lines, but basically, once you have some time in type, your employment options open up, and you become too expensive for them to keep. so, with that said, it is my impression, that rather than give you promotions or raises, they prefer you move on to another job, so you can be replaced at entry level pay. i get the impression that the fo's have a high turn over, but that the ca's are career types.

what few upgrades there are, seem to be based on your marketability as a pilot(time in type + TT), performance, and lastly seniority.

ce500 series fo pay = ~34k... if i recall.

-casper

scar1900 said:
Everyone who I've talked to said that they are a great company, but none had actually worked there.

So just out of curiousity who were you talking to and what were they basing their assessment on if they never worked there?

I was talking to a friend of mine who works for a citation operator...I don't know where he got his info from.

I have two friends that work there and they are pretty happy. The smaller the equipment, the more you will appear to work. Citation and Hawker guys fly a bunch. Thay just picked up a 400A in RYY.

As for the going after pilots that picked up #91 gigs working there, that cracks me up. I once put my boss on one of their planes while we were in maint, and the minute they closed the door (with me standing right outside the plane) he was presented with a full management proposal drom Scott Beal. I guess the ethics thing only a one way street.

That will not happen again.

I would say that FlightWorks is a good place to work. And you will work, it is a 135 operator. Promotions are now mostly internal after you have 1 year in a new type. We are growing, and with that opportunities are too. You will get 5 scheduled days off a month, maybe more if your aircraft is fully staffed (3 pilots per). Over the last year, I have averaged about 10 days a month. Pay is NBAA low to mid average and the benefits are standard. The training is good with all pilots typed in their A/C (no 3 bounce stuff).

The company has been in transition over the last 2 years and there was an unbelievable amount of turnover when I first came to work. The Citation fleet saw 100% in my first year, but that has stablized with pay increases and the changing of promotion policies.

I would encourage you to interview and ask questions. You be the judge. Hopefully this helps.

I am not aware of management trolling the boards, but I do know several pilots lurk here. There have been employees in the past that engaged in online pissing contests and were disciplined when complaints brought the situation to management's attention.

Latest resources

Back