Flight Sim 2004 help (?)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

onthebeach

Just playing around with flight sim 2004, century of flight.

How do you fly the sailplane? Can't seem to set it up at altitude & obviously can't power it off the ground.

Thanks in advance...

I haven't played it in ages, but I believe the "Y" key is the slew key. Press that and then you should be able to move the plane horizontally anywhere, very fast, by using the joystick. While in Slew mode, pressing F1 thru F4 keys control your altitude. If you hit F4 it will take you up, pressing F3 stops you. Go up as high as you want, stop, and press "Y." You should be set! Hope that helped!

You will have to slew it up to altitude. Hit the Y key and then F4 and you will ascend very rapidly. To stop hit 5 in the numberpad on the right side of key board. To undue slew hit Y again and you are all set.

I haven't played in years, but in the older versions I'd fly the Cessna up to altitude, then switch aircraft to the sailplane. You'd start in the same position and speed as the Cessna. I don't know if it's the same.

I think you can use the "Map View" function, under one of the menus, to select your airpseed, altitude, heading, and location, just by typing the values in and then hitting ok, and it'll put you right there.

onthebeach said:
Just playing around with flight sim 2004, century of flight.

How do you fly the sailplane? Can't seem to set it up at altitude & obviously can't power it off the ground.

Thanks in advance...

I've had FS04 for months now, and since that automatically makes me a qualified 747 captain who knows everything, I can help you out. Like Caravan said, you can get the sailplane going by switching to Slew Mode (that's hitting the "Y" key), and using F1-F4 to control your altitude, etc. In Slew you can also use your joystick/arrow keys to change your lat & long. Nothing as fun as hooking that baby up to another plane, unfortunately.

I don't know if you do this already, but if you have broadband the Multiplayer function can bring another dimension of reality and fun to it, provided you have a decent computer system and join the right bunch of people.

Hope this helps.

-MFR

While we're at it, does anyone know how to make custom callsigns instead of using the standard "Landmark" or "Orbit" ones...?

Latest resources

Back