• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Service Stations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I called the other morning. Sat on hold for 15 minutes before I sat the phone down and went to the hangar to get the plane ready. I came back about 30 minutes later and was still on hold.

We have to wait on them for clearances flying out of our uncontrolled field when the weather sucks. Held short for 20 mins the other day with 2 cell phones on hold. First one to get a clearance wins.

We have to wait on them for clearances flying out of our uncontrolled field when the weather sucks. Held short for 20 mins the other day with 2 cell phones on hold. First one to get a clearance wins.

I usually find the direct number for the controller (center) to get ground clearances. You will wait forever on the ground on hold for FSS.

there is something about this in one of the publications I got recently.

FYI...I haven't spoke to FSS in years. Duats all the way!

i filed ifr with gainesville fss this morning, the briefer had to leave the phone to answer radions twice. she said there were 4 people total staffing the site. what a joke...privitization, the faa, ineptitude is all the same.

One of the things I won't miss leaving 135 to go back to 121.... let the dispatchers deal with that BS. Neither pays enough for me to deal with it.... 91... well then maybe we'll talk

I usually find the direct number for the controller (center) to get ground clearances. You will wait forever on the ground on hold for FSS.

I tried calling Minneapolis center directly for a clearence the other day, and they said they are no longer authorized to do that, and that I would have to go through FSS. The controller on the phone agreed that it was stupid, but there was nothing he could do.

I have been sitting on hold for 15-30 minutes regularly. It's really frustrating! Duats isn't usually an option for me since quite often I'm filing away from home, and the airports don't always have a computer they'll let you use. Look how bad privatizing FSS have scewed that up, can you imagine what would happen if they privatize ATC! BTW I also suspect they're intentionally under staffing to push more of us to use Duats or what ever, which is wrong and NOT what they where brought in for. So much for all the wonderful promises we got!

I'm on the phone with AFSS daily... haven't had to wait more than 1-2 minutes...However, I'm in a much less populated portion of the country.

Latest resources

Back