Flight School Uniforms on Airliners.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DX Rick

I'm not one to bash a guy to where he goes to school for training.
But I was on the 5am USAir flight ORD-PHX the other day. There were two CFI's from Oxford flight school in full uniform, bars and all.

Guys, you're not jumpseating. You paid for your ticket. You took the time to get up, get dressed in uniform for a 5am ETD - 630am ETA.
Obviously this was premeditated. If you had a student at 730am, I'm sure you could take 5 minutes to change into your uniform when you get to the FBO.

Everyone else on the flight was still in PJ's.

Someone's got a case of the "spose-tas"

I'm not one to bash a guy to where he goes to school for training.
But I was on the 5am USAir flight ORD-PHX the other day. There were two CFI's from Oxford flight school in full uniform, bars and all.

Guys, you're not jumpseating. You paid for your ticket. You took the time to get up, get dressed in uniform for a 5am ETD - 630am ETA.
Obviously this was premeditated. If you had a student at 730am, I'm sure you could take 5 minutes to change into your uniform when you get to the FBO.

Everyone else on the flight was still in PJ's.
Please describe the two. Did they have english accents? Also, describe the bars.

Last edited:
I dont know about accents. One had 3 regular bars. The other one had Oxford writing on them it looked like. I wanna say I saw light blue and purple on them. My eyes were half way open when I saw them, I know I sqaw Oxford written on them somewhere.

I dont know about accents. One had 3 regular bars. The other one had Oxford writing on them it looked like. I wanna say I saw light blue and purple on them. My eyes were half way open when I saw them, I know I sqaw Oxford written on them somewhere.
Instructor pilots at Oxford do not where "bars" that say "Oxford" on them. Students do. And NO ONE at OATC wears a uniform with three bars.

You were obviously mistaken and since you decided that the prudent action to take after your so-called observations was to come to a public message board and shoot your mouth off about it, I'd say that you owe every single Oxford Airline Training Center instructor (most of whom have more dual given than your total time and many with TEN TIMEs that much) an apology.

Well the moron in 3 bars should have never been so close to idiot with the Oxford "boards" It's his own damn fault.

Well the moron in 3 bars should have never been so close to idiot with the Oxford "boards" It's his own dang fault.
Oh, yeah! Silly! Almost as silly as starting a thread on this subject.

Regardless, I'm dying to know how it was anyone but your own fault for posting undeserved disparaging comments about Oxford Airline Training Center instructors?

We do business at your FBO. Should I pass your comments on to the managing director to see if he wants to instead use SW and perhaps let your boss know why?

Last edited:
We do business at your FBO. Should I pass your comments on to the managing director to see if he wants to instead use SW and perhaps let your boss know why?

That would be an incredibly poor business decision if the managing director changed FBOs solely for that reason.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back