• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight School/Flight Training Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, that is exactly what my instructor charges, with the plane, $80 per hour. And I said $20K minus the multi engine rating. However, I know of a place, that was recommended to me by another instructor where I can get my ME for a very cheap price as well. I realize that there are extra costs to add in there, however, I want spend more than $25K for my ratings .... the prices where I live are very cheap for flying ... you would be surprised!

Also, my instructor owns a complex airplane in which I can get my commercial and for a cheaper price than probably any complex even in my area for rent. My instructor is not with an FBO and neither are the planes for rent ... he is free lance and the planes are owned by a guy who is a free lance instructor, but also rents the planes to pilots.

FSI is a very good school. Like I said .. everything I quoted that I felt like was a rip off, was direct off of one of their brochures I was sent. Maybe it was an out dated or messed up brochure, but it says right there that you may $1500 to play 27hrs on FlightSim, among other expenses that are ridiculous. If someone is wanting to go to a 141 school, by all means go to FSI, probably the best, but from what Ive heard/read, its not all it is said to be, but maybe I am hearing/reading wrong.

PilotOnTheRise said:
If someone is wanting to go to a 141 school, by all means go to FSI, probably the best, but from what Ive heard/read, its not all it is said to be, but maybe I am hearing/reading wrong.

What have you heard, and from what source?

Chunk

Latest resources

Back