• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

flight school advice intensive commercial pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always recommend you start local. Look closely at companies that can employ you, and do employ large numbers of their people after graduation. In all liklihood, you're going to be instructing. Find a place where you can go to work and fly as much as possible after you complete your training. Talk to former students of each school...not just recent graduates, but those who are a few years down the line. The school should be able to provide you with a list.

I agree, start local. Make sure it is what you want to do, or that you even like flying. Contrary to what those large flight "academys" say, a commerical rating is a commercial rating, regardless of where it came from.

Getting your commerical or CFI at a large flight school may have some advantages in job possibilities and networking potential, but like was also mentioned you can go to ALL ATPS and do that.

These academies (a term to use loosely) overcharge the students, and underpay the instructors.

414....cool avatar...hurts to look at it....had me bobin and weavin till I say it wasn't changing......

Latest resources

Back