Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

danou

Hi
If you had to select the best of the following flight schools to attend a carreer as airline commercial pilot which one throughout your own experience would you recommend as n°1

DELTA CONNECTION ACADEMY
FLIGHT SAFETY ACADEMY
AIR SAFETY (GLENDALE)
NAPLES AIR CENTER
ATP

Thanking u all for help

D

check your local FBOs

Don't overlook local FBOs, as you can find good instructors and equipment, and also design a training plan that could allow you to work another job.

These big schools are so expensive. I haven't seen specifics in years, but I would imagine FlightSafety or DCA will run you >$80k for your ratings, then tack on your living expenses for 1+ years.

I'd think long and hard about that investment, considering your flying jobs for the first few years may only net you $15k-$25k.

which ever one will get you the most flight time for your money... you will get the same license either way .. mayday is right, don't overlook your local airports flight training.. they will probably be just as good as the rest... also don't let the big name schools sell you their prices for a promise of good job placement.. you can find a job flight instructing just about anywhere right know and you won't have to worry about huge student loans//( you can instead waste it on a big pilot watch like me);)

I told my newphew to go to ATP. He went to Comair instead, ran out of money, and took about a year longer than he planned, flying at a mom and pop fbo.

He spent about double what ATP would have charged.

He did very recently get on with a regional, but passing on ATP cost him at least a year and ~$20K to 50K.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, I have no relationship with any flight school.

I always recommend you start local. Look closely at companies that can employ you, and do employ large numbers of their people after graduation. In all liklihood, you're going to be instructing. Find a place where you can go to work and fly as much as possible after you complete your training. Talk to former students of each school...not just recent graduates, but those who are a few years down the line. The school should be able to provide you with a list.

Well, if you want to save money, head to your local FBO and seek training. Avbug makes some good points, so read up.

However, if you are seeking those only on your list, I would strongly recommend Flight Safety Academy. It is an extremely professional organization that WILL train you to become a pro pilot. The A/C, instructors, and facility are all top-notch, by far. The smaller airspace at VRB makes for quick out and backs, saving your bottom line. They quoted me $7000 dollars for my CFI-A, I only used $5100 and never had a broken airplane. They will give you a side job if you need extra cash.

DCA will rob you. Examiners will fail you for things not even covered in the PTS just to get another 400 bucks. Stay away from J. Azma and D. Alfonso.

I don't have much experience but I have been to DCA in Sanford, FL and a few other large flight schools.....I almost got sucked into DCA....about that time I had signed this forum and read about flight schools then I left DCA.....I lost the registration fee.....about 150 Bucks at the time...I never got it back but since then I have been seeking FBOs....I say look at them....You'd be surprised. My instructor was a Furloughed AA type rating instructor....(He just got called back...My doorway to AA..hopefully) I have also met other retired TWA pilots as well....And the Equipment I was flying is in great shape....I spent just under $5200 (Using 172-pa-28-161)for my PPL.....not bad. May take longer but it will definately save you the green.

Latest resources

Back