Flight Safety Academy and EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

qwerty

Anyone know what is up with the ASA type of program they are trying to create for EJA?:eek:

Not going to happen.

The exec jet executives were at the school in early december. I was able to take a look at the plan and it was as follows:

1. CIME, CFI, CFII, MEI, Interview/offer, $11,000 -> To exec
2. CIME, CFI, CFII, MEI, 800hrs instructing, Interview/offer -> exec

No word yet as to when it will be initiated.

Also, I've heard that ASA is going to start hiring again, which will be followed by the ASA program being restarted. Any info there?

This probably isn't happening, folks!

EJA's chief pilot told our recurrent ground school that this issue was:

and I'm quoting, here...."On the back burner".

EJA's ATP MEL, and 2500 TT mins. are set in stone, and part of the
current union contract. I ASSURE you, the union will not allow them to
lower our mins.

I have friends with AV-8B and F-18 time that couldn't even get an INTERVIEW here (prior to 9/11 as well!) because they didn't have the 2500 hours TT.
Now seriously, what chance does a 800 hour CFI have? No offense intended, but it's simply called paying one's dues.

Go instruct, fly freight, crop dust, or pull a hitch in the military, because there are no "short-cuts" to an EJA jet position now, or anytime in the near future.

I have seen the EJA resume piles with THOUSANDS of transport cartagory pilot sheets. It probably resembles the piles at Fed Ex and SWA.

Sweptwingz well Said.

This has been revisited over and over again.

The union is dead set against this. This is a closed shop. Period

I'm a little confused here..

If your chief pilot suggested that it is on the "back burner" does that mean that it is not going to happen?

I don't want to argue over all of this.. I guess time will tell how far it is from the back burner to the front burner.

A question for any EJA left-seaters: How do you feel about the possibility of having a lower time pilot in the right seat?

Do you feel that, if this does in fact come about, you will be getting less capable co-pilots or that EJA will continue to require a high level of proficiency?

Thanks

I'm going to voice my opinion here because lets get real about this.

There should be no reason that our OWNERS should pay the same amount of money having two 2500 hrs than having a single pilot operation with a low time right seater.

Our buisness is not a stepping stone for some guy to build some jet time while our owners pay big money for safety and security.

I flew with a guy last tour who had just left flying a DC8 for a freighter. We had a blast and went to over 20 airports. 15 of them neither of us had been to before. We relied on each other's EXPERIENCE to get through the tour.

Even my partner was flabergasted. We went to some airports in texas I can't even pronounce the name of. Now multiply that by looking up landing distance, take off distances, anti-ice on, climb rates and oh wait there are mountains out there, oh this sucks.

I take my job very seriously and I am the first one to answer emails and help people get jobs. I just don't think this is a good strategic move for the company. I've allready had owners ask me about the FSI deal and I play dumb.

Oh and I won't get shuttled around on a training flight. Once we cross that line it's easy for scheduling just to have them pick up one pax this one time.

relax, it sounds like you have a job. try to remember when you ate ramen and cool-aid for diner every night. if you were in our shoes at this time you might have been interested in such a program. we are just interested in info, not being blasted.

"A question for any EJA left-seaters: How do you feel about the possibility of having a lower time pilot in the right seat?"

**With all due respect, I do not like the thought of the FSI deal. It does not make sense from either a safety nor economical position. With a low time/experience pilot in the right seat we would require more time between turn arounds, which would mean fewer revenue legs flown per day. There are times in the Northeast when you are re-routed 4, 5, or 6 times in the last :30 minutes of a flight. This is no time to be explaining to someone where an intersection is, looking around a chart, or wondering what the next crossing restriction is. There is a big difference between learning in the ropes flying charter/corporate and EJA. We do not get the chance to sit at a destination FBO for 5 hours planning for the 2nd leg. Things move, and change, extremely fast here.

"Do you feel that, if this does in fact come about, you will be getting less capable co-pilots or that EJA will continue to require a high level of proficiency?"

**Less capable than what we presently hire? Yes, when you consider the amount of retired military and jumbo jet captains we are hiring. I believe most of us take pride that we have such high minimums, and we (pilots) do not want them lowered.

"relax, it sounds like you have a job. Try to remember when you ate ramen and cool-aid for diner every night. if you were in our shoes at this time you might have been interested in such a program."

**qwerty, I remember very well. I had my CFI,II,MEI for 8 years before I got to EJA. 1200+ hours dual given, throw in 6 years of line service with FBOs and airlines, freight hauling and a few charter and corporate outfits and here I am. Then add a wife, a few kids, and a mortgage. 50,000 other pilots out there remember the same thing. I have not forgotten.

You know what? You are right! If I would have had the opportunity to get to EJA, or ANY leg up in this industry, I would have jumped at the chance. I do not fault anyone for their hopes of getting a quick ticket to the show.

I respect everyone who aspires to come to EJA, or any other fractional, and I highly recommend it.

Glad to be here,
EJA Capt

Hey Diesel.....

Check your pvt. mess.

Latest resources

Back