Flight opts vote YES for union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetwash

It's a YES for flight options pilots union !!!!!
Just received the e mail

Cheers !!!!!!!!!:beer: :D

Any details available on the percentage of pilots who voted and what the score was for yes votes?

Congratulations to the FLOPS pilots. I hope you receive a good contract in the very near future.

795 possible voters.

533 voted for the IBT.

67% in favor.

2 write-in votes:

1 for ALPA

1 for "Flight Options in-house"

Last edited:
a new day!

This represents a lot of hard work and pulling together across this industry. Thanks Netjets pilots and ASAP for your help starting over a year ago to put this industry back on the right track.

Your help was and is appreciated and I honestly think this couldn't have been pulled off without the support of all you fellow fractional pilots that went before us and lent us your coat tails.

Hm, Hm and by the way. Could you continue to lend your support as the new FLOPS contract is negotiated?

The way I see it. FLOPS pilots should be asking for what Netjets pilots think they want to see in Netjets' next contract.

This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship!

Awesome! Very glad to hear it for you guys. 67% is impressive -- if it's good enough for congress to override a veto, it should good enough to be considered a landslide when dealing with your management.

Good work!

Why only 67% for? With the way you guys have been treated I expected the number to be in the 80's.

Thanks for the info, jetwash. Glad to see a strong turnout for the vote.

But I have one question:

jetwash said:
1 for "Flight Options in-house"

How did Mike Scheeringa get to vote? :eek:

as214 said:
Why only 67% for? With the way you guys have been treated I expected the number to be in the 80's.

Almost 70% is pretty darned good, considering you will ALWAYS have those people who are apathetic enough to "forget", or those who think that surely its such an obvious outcome for yes that they don't bother...
I disagree with that thinking, but thinking this is an awfully high number when you factor in that kind of thing....

in one word fear

as214 said:

rumours and memories from the last union drive when program managers went around saying that raytheon had illegally found out who had sent in cards. This combined with the subsequent drumming out of a lot of RTA people post merger still haunts some people.

The pilots that sent in their cards and voted in this election overcame an institionalized anti-union bias and hostility.

These are men and women of courage. Now that they have done the heavy lifting I expect those that follow will do that and follow these brave pilots' lead.

Expect to be in the 90% of union support by the time the first contract vote faces ratification.

I expect a run on ASAP luggage tags and lapel pins in the near future.

Strength through unity.

I think the whole FOPA thing got a few wait and see. Otherwise I think it would have been closer 80%.

Latest resources

Back