Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dep676........
Who gives a ratsa$$ if he was wearing a tie or not. Was he in front of customers or in the plane with pax's on board. If not then he does not need a tie on in my opinion. If he was sitting at the FBO waiting for pax it should not matter. As long as he is uniform when it comes time to play pilot for the customers. It just goes to show the PM's and APM's are not there for us. They are just management puppets.Yesterday 12:57

You couldn't have said that any better!!!!!!!!!

xrated said:
When you say X bids, do you mean XP or Citation X?
Citation X. There are 2 or 3 PIC positions out for the X right now, plus another 2 or 3 SIC. At the same time the bids were issued, though, we got another email stating that the Citation X and Falcon 50 pay had been cut. It used to be the same as large cabin(CL601 and EMB135), but the PIC pay is now halfway between mid cabin(HS125, CE650) and large cabin...and the SIC pay is the same as mid cabin. Just another slap in the face.

Interesting. So that means Options pilots are finally going to be crewing the X's?

Thor,

Yes things could be worse for me. I could be on the outside looking in. Better yet I could be upgraded like we were told when I got hired. They told us 18 to 24 months. Well it will be 24 months next month. It will at least another 12 months before I see the left seat of anything.

As far as working OT. Why don't you guys do contract work on your days off and make more money than working OT. Also at the same time you could be building a realtionship with a potential employer. Don't give me the sob story of we are not allowed to do contract work. There are plenty of guys that do it everyday that work at Options.

Yes we are going to crew the X's but as stated they changed the pay overnight on it.

you guys

could always go work for the commuters for $23000/yr. Or some crooked 135 guy with a beeper on your hip. I know alot of guys/gals out there that would love to have 14 scheduled days off a month. Not to mention a decent salary. Notice I said decent not great.
Everyone wants more money, more time off ect. But you need to look at all of the facets of the job.
Is the f'n your getting worth the f'n your getting? If not, then it just might be time for you to move on.

Thor

"Things are not standing still. Two PIC Bid to the legacy will equal opening in other fleets. A pic bid to the Challenger just awarded. Guy came from the XP Fleet = opening for XP captain. The X PIC Bids, TWO X SIC bids will be awarded and will make space. Accepting two new Beechjets per month = go figure"

Although there have been calls to bid (and awards) for the Legacy, Challenger, Falcon, and Hawker fleets, it has not rolled down hill for those of us who are waiting (still waiting) to upgrade in the small cabin programs. Getting new Beechjets at 2 a month... where's that come from?!? Since you know how many we are getting, you should know how many we are selling...how many are we selling off, I know of at least one sold last month? We have so many **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed Beechjet cpts, and a few dumarse SICs, working overtime now that the company doesn't need to fill/doesn't need to be in a rush to fill the vacancies in the small cabins. Here's a line for you: I don't think you see the big picture... as a Hawker CPT, I doubt that you attempt to stay up to date about those behind you ie those waiting for a shot at the left seat in the CJ, V, and BE40... I would guess that all you look for is what seat you can fill next. I know that your contemporaries, guys like Hawker Cpt and frac daddy, don't give a rats arse about anything or anyone other than themselves, are you that different? The new super mid-sized pay scale sux, wondering how loud the guys that work OT and tell me to get over it will wail and will expect my support... AT LEAST IT IS THE COMPANY SCREWING THEM, NOT THEIR FELLOW PILOTS!!!

thor,thor,thor

Man you are really busting the balls of people. Do you even work at Options?

No I did not make more at my last company. As I said in my post it could be worse for me. As far as upgrades. I would not call going from piston to turboprop to a jet an upgrade. I could have have a job flying jets a long time ago. However I did not want to move for that.

Now for upgrade to captain at Options. The economy was a lot worse when I got hired almost two years ago. The problem is that management is pi$$ing more than the pilots off. They are pi$$ing off the owners and they are leaving the program when their contracts are up.

You have been flying for 30 years? You really haven't flown much to only have 8000 hours in 30 years. I know flying for a living sucks. If I was in it for the money I would have quit a long time ago. It's people like you and others that will whore themselves for OT and low pay that make this industry suck.

answer the question Thor

Still interested in where your info comes from that we are getting 2 beechjets a month. And bo, I didn't expect to sail right on up to CPT and make a mint, but I didn't expect to be a sic for so long, especially with what the upgrade was running when I was hired 2 1/2 years ago.

Sorry to repeat this question if someone has already answered it. But did I read that the Citation X at FLOPS is opening up for FLOPS pilots vs. Swift pilots? Are there bids out for Capt and FO positions?

Will this airplane bid senior among the pilots at FLOPS or will people be primarily focused on getting into the Legacy (I hear that is pretty popular now)...

Latest resources

Back