Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GooseHZ said:
Hey Frac.

Could you post, the list of the 50 cities, for all of us to see?
If not, is L...as Vegas one of the cities

Sorry dude FLOPS is not telling us dumb ol pilots ANYTHING! All we get are rumors.......anyone who has interviewed in the last 6 months knows more than most pilots that have been here for years.....sorry i wish we knew something but we dont....
No kidding. How long was it before they told everyone that they were going to make us sign training contracts? Four months after they already started doing it? At any rate, I would think KLAS would be on the list(if there even is a list). Again, since I am not a newhire, I don't know anything.

Last edited:
Frac Daddy said:
No kidding. How long was it before they told everyone that they were going to make us sign training contracts? Four months after they already started doing it? At any rate, I would think KLAS would be on the list(if there even is a list). Again, since I am not a newhire, I don't know anything.
KLAS is the 7th busiest airport in the U.S. I would hope they would consider this as a gateway city?

I am bugging the cr.. out of Options....... Trying to get an interview.

I'm not giving up Options..... Interview me!

I have filled out the online application for flight ops 2-3 times in the last few months and have not heard anything back.

does anyone know a fax number or some other way to get through for an interview?

DesertFalcon said:
KLAS is the 7th busiest airport in the U.S. I would hope they would consider this as a gateway city?

I am bugging the cr.. out of Options....... Trying to get an interview.

I'm not giving up Options..... Interview me!
Do you know a pilot at Options? Reccomendations from current Options pilots are HEAVILY weighed.

paldss said:
does anyone know a fax number or some other way to get through for an interview?
Faxed resumes are trashed. Only apps online are accepted anymore. I even tried to walk one in for a friend, and they told me he would have to fill out the online app and list me as recommending him. They don't keep us up to date on what's going on with the hiring process and/or newhires. All I know is that we need many more pilots than we have(short staffed in just about every fleet), but they're not hiring as many as they could be.

Apparently we have somebody new in pilot recruiting. I don't recall the name, but I know it wasn't Eric as it had been for years. I don't know if the new guy is in addition to, or replacement for, Eric. I only know this because I was in CGF recently and walked by a desk and saw an unfamiliar name...that said "Pilot Recruiter" underneath it.

FracCapt said:
Faxed resumes are trashed. Only apps online are accepted anymore. I even tried to walk one in for a friend, and they told me he would have to fill out the online app and list me as recommending him. They don't keep us up to date on what's going on with the hiring process and/or newhires. All I know is that we need many more pilots than we have(short staffed in just about every fleet), but they're not hiring as many as they could be.

Apparently we have somebody new in pilot recruiting. I don't recall the name, but I know it wasn't Eric as it had been for years. I don't know if the new guy is in addition to, or replacement for, Eric. I only know this because I was in CGF recently and walked by a desk and saw an unfamiliar name...that said "Pilot Recruiter" underneath it.
Eric has moved farther up on the food chain. He has done well for Options and that apparently has been recognized. The last person I got an interview for, relayed to me that both Eric and the new guy (I'm not sure of the name) interviewed him in order to begin training the new guy for pilot recruiting. My understanding is that Eric is in the HR department, but was promoted up the ladder. Kudos to him!

regards,
fb

Tier Cities

Frac Daddy said:
Don't know if the Gateway is going away. I have heard that newhires are being given a list of 50 cities to choose from as far as domiciles. Wether or not if existing pilots will be forced to comply with this remains to be seen.
Have the Flops guys/gals noticed on the company (internal) pilot's website has a list of the TIER city domicles? You can look your home domicile and see what tier it is. I live in a city that has American, Continental, Southwest, Delta, Frontier, American Eagle, American Connection, Skywest, Mesa & ASA with dozens of flights per day, every day to every major city, but I am considered a TIER 2, which means I will make it home before 9 PM local on day 8 80% of the time and home before 11 PM 90% of the time.

Explain to me how this is a better quality of life? I am getting tired of the 0' dark thirty morning departures with a minimum of 10 hours rest and full 14 hour days as well.

If this latest rumor is true about the 50 domiciles and the institution of new company policies continues to change at will, many people who were riding the fence will be sending in their union cards.

Latest resources

Back