• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know why an arbitrator was brought in on this particular case. Probably because the two pilots groups couldn't agree on integration language. An arbitrator takes it out of the hands of either pilot group and USUALLY is the fairest method.

I know that folks keep touting that date of hire thing but Allegheny-Mohawk takes more into consideration that just plain date of hire. Career expectations of each pilot force, growth and the type of merger all come into play.

As to a potential merge with Flight Options, it is in FO pilot's best interest to finish their card drive and vote to be a part of IBT1108 as soon as possible. Not only would they be represented by the Teamsters but they would be part of the same local. I personally don't think an arbitrator is going to be necessary if that happens. (My personal opinion only - not speaking for the elected leadership of 1108)

Hey Airline Pilot, Pa Pa Please show me one regional airline contract that is good. Please just one. You took a crappy job from the start, all because you just wanted to fly a jet fuel burner. You say unions want our money, what does the company want?????????hmmmmmmmm I think our money, in the form of YOU (regional airline pilot)flying for a regional, for Mc Donalds burger-flipper wages.

Your thinking about coming to a Fractional, why, after a few years of your steller regional you figure out that its not all that fun. Well guess what, Ive been at FO for more than 4 years and my use-to-be career job has faded away

So good luck and send in a card

Also this was taken from the FO board (no editing by me), and written by A NJ ASAP MEC board member:

"I don't know if there will be a merger but if there is, I can assure you as one of the elected leaders of the NetJets pilots that THERE WILL BE NO STAPLE.
biggrin.gif
, regardless of your organizational status. We have had extensive conversations regarding this issue and are in agreement."

Grizz said:
AD,

Didn't an arbitrator decide the seniority list merge between Shuttle America and Republic? If so, how can you blame that on the Teamsters?

The Original Shuttle America Pilots ( Myself Being One ), Were under Local 264 of the bother hood of teamsters. Chautauqua was under local 747. Shuttle America Was owned by Wexford Capital and Wexford is a primary share holder for Republic Airways Holdings. So When Republic purchased Shuttle they basically Moved money from their left pocket to their right pocket. Then said Republic Bought Shuttle. Chautauqua has been our sister company since Wexford purchased shuttle back in 2000 or 2001.

I blame teamsters because 1: Both pilot groups were teamsters. Bothers if you call it that. 2: because we are sister companies. We should have been merged date of hire. 747 said STAPLE !!!!! our local 264 turned a blind eye and left us like fish out of water. The CHQ pilot MEC did not help either. In both of our contracts it says if we were to merge lists it would be done in a
" FAIR & EQUITABLE" manner. Stapled is not fair and equitable.

When we needed our union then walked out the door. The arbitrator did decided but made his decision based on what Chautauqua offed us. Not a happy medium like he is supposed to!!! I realize you don't get everything you want but his decision was so one sided it was sickening.

dime line said:
Hey Airline Pilot, Pa Pa Please show me one regional airline contract that is good. Please just one. You took a crappy job from the start, all because you just wanted to fly a jet fuel burner. You say unions want our money, what does the company want?????????hmmmmmmmm I think our money, in the form of YOU (regional airline pilot)flying for a regional, for Mac Donald's burger-flipper wages.

Your thinking about coming to a Fractional, why, after a few years of your stellar regional you figure out that its not all that fun. Well guess what, Ive been at FO for more than 4 years and my use-to-be career job has faded away

So good luck and send in a card
You sound like a person who still believes that Santa Clause is your parents. I am sorry your so unhappy. perhaps this year Santa will fill your stocking with your dream job!!!!
P.S. I was not talking about my companies contract. Not to mention, It is not as bad as you are implying. If you want a different job, Wal-mart greeters get paid more than MacDonald's workers, perhaps you will find your dream job there!!

Best of luck to you!!!

PSS. You might want to try using a spell checker!!!

Seems like Santa Clause stoped by NJ's first and got lost on the way to FO.
Year 5 NJ=90,000+40,000 (retro)+7% 401K, Paid Medical thru union
Year 5 FO=66,372 + nothin (retro)+4% 401k, paying out of my ass

So what do you think about the Teamsters now,sounds like a good benefit to me? You?

"PSS. You might want to try using a spell checker!!!"

WHY? you were able to read my post!

Airline Driver said:
PSS. You might want to try using a spell checker!!!
The Original Shuttle America Pilots ( Myself Being One ), Were under Local 264 of the bother hood of teamsters.
You might want to use spell and grammar check yourself. Stones and glass houses come to mind.

dime line said:
Year 5 NJ=90,000+40,000 (retro)+7% 401K, Paid Medical thru union
Actually, the TA 401k match is 50% of the pilot's contributions up to the legal max of $14k this year, $15k next year, plus any catch-up contributions (over 50 = $4k this year, $5k next). So an over-50 pilot could contribute $20k next year, and the company would match $10k, or 11% at $90k/yr. :beer:

Latest resources

Back