Flight Options questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

subsonic

I'm thinking about applying to Flight Options. What are some of the pro's/con's about the company? Do you think it's better/worse than flying for a major & if so why? I understand no job is perfect. Do they work well with ANG/USAFR folks? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

subsonic said:
I'm thinking about applying to Flight Options. What are some of the pro's/con's about the company? Do you think it's better/worse than flying for a major & if so why? I understand no job is perfect. Do they work well with ANG/USAFR folks? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Do yourself a favor and use the search function - there are many recent posts on the company.

Not a lot of happy people at FLOPS due to a management change and some resulting QOL problems. I have heard the attrition rate among pilots has increased so you might have a chance of getting on and replacing the people who have found better jobs... You will likely be assigned a specific base/domicile and then not upgrade for many years. Good thing you have Beechjet experience because you are likely to sit in one for many years.

subsonic said:

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR F-ING MIND?!?!?!?!?!?

hawkercpt said:
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR F-ING MIND?!?!?!?!?!?

I think that says it all... If you really want to continue to fly a Beechjet, consider NJA if you won't mind living in one of the 5 set domiciles (see other posts).

subsonic said:

Do your self a favor and go see a doctor!!!!

Anybody thinking of coming to FlightOptions, know this, we are trying to unionize. That means that things are not going to good over here. If it were peachy there would be no union drive. So just think about that.

dime line said:
Anybody thinking of coming to FlightOptions, know this, we are trying to unionize. That means that things are not going to good over here. If it were peachy there would be no union drive. So just think about that.

If your pilot group does go with a union, Stay away from Teamsters. I am a regional airline pilot considering moving to a fractional. We Just merged our Pilot list with another company and we got screwed!!!!!!!! Unions only want your $$$$$$$$. When you need them they turn their back on you. At least that is what happen to us. The sad thing is that both our companies had Teamsters just different locals.

Sorry to here things are bad there I hope they improve!!!

happy landings

AD,

Didn't an arbitrator decide the seniority list merge between Shuttle America and Republic? If so, how can you blame that on the Teamsters?

Grizz said:
Didn't an arbitrator decide the seniority list merge between Shuttle America and Republic? If so, how can you blame that on the Teamsters?

1.10(c)(i) If pilots of the acquired carrier are hired by the Company, the seniority lists of the respective pilot groups shall be integrated pursuant to Teamsters Merger Policy if both groups are represented by the IBT, or if the pilots of the acquired airline are not represented by the IBT, then pursuant to a method to be determined by the Union. Seniority integration procedures shall be promptly initiated following announcement of an operational merger affecting the seniority of the pilot groups. The Company or other Successor, as appropriate, shall accept the integrated seniority list. There will be no system flush or removal of pilots from their positions as a result of seniority list

In the airline industry, the standard practice for seniority integration when two airlines merge is to follow seniority on a date of hire basis. Sections 3 and 13 of the Allegheny-Mohawk LPPs dictate that seniority integration will be fair and equitable. The Teamsters will integrate seniority by date of hire with the proviso that no pilot will be displaced as a direct result of the merger seniority integration. Anything less would be inequitable.

Grizz-

Your above comment when viewed in the light of IBT merger policy brings up a couple of interesting questions.

1. If Shuttle America and Republic were both represented by the IBT (regardless of local affiliation), why was an arbitrator needed to settle this issue?

2. Assuming FltOps votes in the IBT, in a FltOps / NJA merger could the seniority issue wind up being settled by an arbitrator?

Pfp

Latest resources

Back