Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Simon Says

New Airbus Regional Jet
Anybody know the pay and benifits of Flight Options? What about any travel benifits? Thanks.

34k to start. We are getting new bennies in January. Not sure what you mean by travel bennies. They pay for you to get back and forth to work. Other than that is it for travel bennies to my knowledge.

Not much for travel benefits with Options. They buy you airline tickets to and from work, and you keep all the miles. Typically, you'll build up enough miles per year for two or three domestic tickets. We also get all of our hotel points, so during the course of a year, you'll build up lots of free nights stays at Hilton/Holiday Inn/Marriott, etc. The travel bennies were nice at the airlines, but it's sure nice to have a positive space ticket and a great hotel waiting for you at the other end when you go on vacation.

We have no official jumpseat policy. I know guys who regularly jumpseat on AirTran and SWA. I also know guys who try to jumpseat on the majors. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the captain (or the gate agents, if you can get by them).

First year is 34k, add $8,100 per year for per diem too. Most of the time you don't spend all of it, so you can pocket the rest. Second year is 36k, third year is 40k.

Thanks all..........December 15 is the deadline at Mesaba for their anouncement if they are getting rid of the Avros or not. So if it is true my resume will be in the mail by Dec. 16th. Hope there will still be hiring by then.

I don't recall right off hand what flight attendants make. I do know it's more than first officers though. Sad.

Take the above numbers and add a few grand per year, and it'll be in the ballpark.

More info on FAs

Options FAs start at a salary of $2,700 per month with a $100 annual increase. An FA hired the same day as a pilot will never make more than that pilot. G-IV FAs start at $3,500 per month, but it will be many years before that upgrade happens.

There is only a small cadre of FAs to begin with, and hiring is not continuous and is very selective.

Last edited:
Any advice on the best way to go about getting hired at Flight Options as an F/A? Do I need someone on the inside to walk my resume in or something like that? I would sure love to work there.

find a friend

Any advice on the best way to go about getting hired at Flight Options as an F/A?

I know you posted this a couple of weeks ago, but if you really want to get a job at Options, here is some advice.

First, go to www.flightoptions.com and submit an application online. Getting your resume in there right away is important, especially with the number of applications received annually from both pilots and F/A's.

Second, if you have a friend, acquaintence or even better, a family member working at Options, have them walk your resume into the HR department. I can't remember who is charge of F/A hiring, but having a hand delivered resume is a Plus!

Third, follow-up & patience. Update your resume often (if appropriate) and follow-up with a pleasant phone call. Many times it takes months to hear back from HR, only due to the large volume of resumes.

Hiring has slowed way down. I am not sure if they are currently hiring flight attendants, but the list is small at best. Options has been considering reducing their Challenger fleet and the G-IV program didn't take-off as expected, but the good news is the 4 Legacy's that are on the fence. If that program does well, the opportunity is there.

Good luck, I know this info. isn't much and you probably already could have figured this out on your own, but be persistant and it usually pays off.

Latest resources

Back