Flight Options Or Asa????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Capt

Raj -- I don't know you, but from the basis of knowledgable and informative posts I think FalconCapt has forgotten more about flying than you ever knew. He is informative, respectful, never slings mud, and is quite frankly a class act. I'm sorry, but I do not think you appear even close to that.

Maybe you are a great pilot, it just doesn't show here.

Fly safe.

English said:
This is officially the dumbest comment I have ever read on flightinfo.

I have a new candidate for my ignore list.
I hope I am still on your list.

I hate to agree with English, but she is right on this one. I have flown for two 121 airlines and two large corporate operations. Both airline jobs had their moments of fun, but the pay, benifits, QOL, and job security are much better in a good corporate job (like the one I have now).

NJA Owner

Its widely understood in the flying business that an Airline Job is more sought after than a Corporate flying job. The events of 9/11 have changed that to an extent. I would be willing to bet most of today's pilots would still prefer to be in an airline job over a corporate job.

Sorry but this is a fact! Its not about being a class act. Its about pure facts!

Its nothing against you the customer. Having a known schedule and other factors typically make Airline flying a better job. Safety is a biggy as well. Most airline's fly into larger airports with better approach's and the pilots are more familiar with the airports too.

Another thing to consider:

Corporate Job and a Fractional Job are two different animals as well.

Falcon Captain doesn't appear to have had any Airline Experience in his background >> so how can he understand this subject?????

Last edited:
door greeter?

Get out of aviation, that is the only SAFE bet anymore.:rolleyes:

sleepy said:
I hope I am still on your list.
Nope. I took you off when you came to your senses and left ASA for corporate.

I figured we now have at least SOMETHING in common.

:eek:

Back to the original subject...

Mark, if I was you I would take ASA over FLOPs. The only way to get ahead here is if you're an ex-military, a$$ kissing, yes man. If an individual is all of those things then FLOPs is not such a bad deal. I've flown 121, Fractional and Corporate. Operationally speaking, there was more order in the way things were run at the 121 airline. Everyone is different though. Personally, I like knowing where I'm always flying to. With a Fractional or Coporate job you never really know...and this appeals to some people. Me, I don't like suprises. Plus, there seemed to be more camaraderie at the 121 job. If you really want to go with a Fractional I would suggest something other than THIS place where backdoor politics is SOP. Citation Shares maybe? Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do.

English said:
Nope. I took you off when you came to your senses and left ASA for corporate.
So...what are you insinuating about a person that leaves the corporate world(say, flying a CJ) to go to a 121 carrier? Hmmmmm? :p

FracCapt said:
So...what are you insinuating about a person that leaves the corporate world(say, flying a CJ) to go to a 121 carrier? Hmmmmm? :p
Crazy, I guess! :)

I've always enjoyed both corporate and airline flying. I don't think I'll ever be classified as an "airline" pilot or a "corporate" pilot. I'll probably continue to do both as long as I can.

Have you guys gone to the regional forum and read the answers to the exact same question over there (it's easy to find, it has the exact same title)? If you haven't, you should. Lot of ASA types saying by all means go the fractional route. Grass is always greener somewhere else in aviation than where you work right now.

Latest resources

Back