Flight Options loses more pilots to Gemini

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voice Of Reason said:
OMG how pathetic that someone wants something better than the IBT and the IBT mafia swoops in with the standard accusations of "They're Management! Don't Listen". Some people can actually think for themselves, believe it or not. Sick. THAT's whats transparent and pathetic...Thou protestest too much and is projecting. If ever Flops makes someone SO miserable that they see the IBT as the only option, then yes, it IS time for them to leave. IBT is the LAZY (because it's "there") option, yet in the end, all of the work will be done by yourself.

If you're all for the FLOPS pilots picking their own union, why have you spammed this board today with anti-union and anit-IBT rhetoric? Why not just shut your mouth and let them "think for themselves"? Oh, thats right.....You get PAID to bust unions!

Name the other union that is eager to represent us. You can't.

Frac Daddy said:
If you're all for the FLOPS pilots picking their own union, why have you spammed this board today with anti-union (WRONG YET again) and anit-IBT rhetoric? Why not just shut your mouth and let them "think for themselves"? Oh, thats right.....You get PAID to bust unions! (Keep telling yourself that...you'll see that I'm not the only one who thinks like this soon enough.)

Man, you seriously need some therapy...Lay off the diversion/scare tactics.Anyone who cares to can look up my posts and see how crazy you are.
If anyone gets paid for their venom it would be you. This is my last response to you so feel free to keep acting nutty....You've done it well on this board AND the other...and you seem to be posting to yourself on the other. Your rants speak volumes of your character, so I needn't be involved in back and forth childish jabs... I've said my piece. Carry on

Last edited:
Voice Of Reason said:
Man, you seriously need some therapy...Lay off the diversion/scare tactics.Anyone who cares to can look up my posts and see how crazy you are.
If anyone gets paid for their venom it would be you. This is my last response to you so feel free to keep acting nutty....You've done it well on this board AND the other...and you seem to be posting to yourself on the other.

Nutty? No. Nutty is somebody spending all day in a cubicle looking up obscure, negative articles about Gemini Air Cargo just because somebody on a public message board implies that it is better than FLOPS. Venom? You say I am "nutty" and "need some therapy" and I am the one spewing venom? Uh, ok. I am posting to myself?:rolleyes: I feel confident that anybody with IQ above 50 that reads this thread can see I am replying directly and rationaly to your posts.

And the REAL reason you won't continue to reply to my posts is that you can't answer my question. We have tried ALPA, TWU and an in-house union and these ventures either failed miserably or the union was not interested in us. So, I ask again.....What other union?

Anyone who wants to PM about Gemini or the ACMI sector in general go ahead.

This thread has been hijacked.

Yes we do have a pay freeze. New hires go to yr 2 pay on their anniversary date.

This issue, I have been told, will be re-negotiated on in about a year.

Professional Flight Deck crewmembers represented by the teamsters:

[font=Verdana,Trebuchet MS,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Pilots[/font]
  • ABX Air
  • Air Transport International (ATI)
  • Arrow Air
  • Centurion Air
  • Custom Air Transport
  • Express One
  • Great Lakes Aviation
  • Gulfstream International
  • Horizon Air
  • Kalitta Air
  • NetJets
  • North American Airlines
  • Shuttle America
  • Southeast Airlines
  • TransAir
  • United Express (Great Lakes)
  • U.S.A. 3000 Airlines
  • U.S. Airways (Chautauqua)
  • World Airways
  • Zantop International
Hey Frac if you need any more info let me know.

fogrunner said:
This thread has been hijacked.

Yes we do have a pay freeze. New hires go to yr 2 pay on their anniversary date.

This issue, I have been told, will be re-negotiated on in about a year.

Professional Flight Deck crewmembers represented by the teamsters:
[font=Verdana,Trebuchet MS,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]Pilots[/font]
  • ABX Air
  • Air Transport International (ATI)
  • Arrow Air
  • Centurion Air
  • Custom Air Transport
  • Express One
  • Great Lakes Aviation
  • Gulfstream International
  • Horizon Air
  • Kalitta Air
  • NetJets
  • North American Airlines
  • Shuttle America
  • Southeast Airlines
  • TransAir
  • United Express (Great Lakes)
  • U.S.A. 3000 Airlines
  • U.S. Airways EXPRESS (Chautauqua)
  • World Airways
  • Zantop International

The point of the list? To show that all of the above are notoriously low paid, except Southeast Airlines, who is not paid at all (out of business). Let me guess, IBT is "working really hard on all of them at once"? FYI, just because someone disagrees with the viability of the Teamsters does not make them management, and does not make for a "hijacking" of a thread...I spend MUCH less time on here than "Frac Daddy", (who seems to never have to fly at all, judging from the amount of posts/time spent on here and the RTA board) so there goes one theory. And I thought we never get time off? Also anyone who checks old posts is quite clear on the fact that I oppose both management AND IBT tactics. I love how "HIJACK" is screamed when someone wants a thread with a sensible, opposing view pulled by the mods, and confusion/word twisting is done to make people who hadn't read the actual post think I've said something else. Hmmmmm....Very "Sun Tzu" I must say:rolleyes: Fortunately, the mods also have brains and can read, too....

Last edited:
fogrunner said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I post positive welcome aboard message to people who have successfully interviewed here. [/font]

I wouldn't call your opening post (or following posts)positive, since you couldn't do it without FLOPS jabs, could you? If Gemini really is the cats pajamas, why was that necessary, Mr. "Isn't this board only supposed to be about interviewing?" If that was the case this website would be pretty empty. There's a variety of information sharing, and if info is posted so that someone can make an OBJECTIVE decision about a place (being well aware of past problems) then that is a good thing.

You claimed that Gemini is ALPA...yet you said FLOPS could never get ALPA to represent them

You said there were what? SEVEN planes at Gemini? So WHY is it that you posted that FLOPS couldn't get ALPA representation?

You said there were what? SEVEN planes at Gemini?

No, I wrote Seven DC-10s and four MD-11s..

7 + 4= 11 not seven.

ALPA wont touch the fractionals. It has nothing to do with the amount of a/c you have.

The point of the list? To show that all of the above are notoriously low paid

ABX pay rates. Yea they look pretty low to me. (lol)

http://www.airlinepilotpay.com/abx/abx.htm

You need to verify your facts before you shoot from the hip.

27 guys left Flight Options in January. Close to the same amount for Feb. People are leaving as fast as they can. What does that tell you. Are you actually going to argue that you are well treated by your management folks.

Nuff said. Enjoy your life at FLOPS. Enjoy your time looking for articles about Walmart truck drivers, and seven year old Gemini FAA violations.

I ask again what does an article concerning Walmart truck drivers have to do with flying DC-10s and MD-11s?

Mr. "Isn't this board only supposed to be about interviewing?

NO, what I actually said was,

Remember this board was originally set up to pass on information on hiring and interview information.

Look at the sub heading for this section

Flightinfo.com Hangar > Aviation Interview Board

Discussion pertaining to Aviation Interviews ONLY. All other infomation should be on the AMB.

fogrunner said:
Thanks Frac,

My intention was to welcome more quality guys to the Gemini fold. Yes, I like it here at Gemini. It is rather humorous for a thread to go from DC-10s to Walmart truckers.

It's nice to see a positive post like this. I would love to fly the MD-11 myself... Good luck to the remaining FLOPS pilots.

Latest resources

Back